ATS 1.43 speculation thread

hangman005

Re: ATS 1.43 speculation thread

#11 Post by hangman005 » 21 Oct 2021 16:29

My 2 map possible would be CA stage 2 and Wy Cody

Additional Ai improvements and DX-12.

It's what I speculate. and hope. I'd be satisfied with 2 of the 4, happy with 3.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
LATrucker

#12 Post by LATrucker » 21 Oct 2021 17:14

I go with the AI improvements or kind of changes, too.
I have the feel that there was already denser traffic in the last streams. It was still pretty dumb, but it seems like they're working on the AI :lol:

Maybe we see some more signs with the mileage instead of the arrows, too.
I'm not sure about the CA reskin, but maybe we'll see Redding + other cities in NoCal and some new roads down till the Bay Area.
jarryed

#13 Post by jarryed » 21 Oct 2021 19:50

They already reworked Sacramento(I-80) and northward so I doubt you will see anything for Redding. One very important area they missed however was I-80. Donner Pass is still ugly as can be. Wish they would have touched that.

-I can see Phase 2 of the CA rework here. Oxnard exit up to Sacramento and hopefully doing a better job on The Grapevine.
-Multicore CPU support
-DX12 Improvements. This should include a new AA method since SMAA is extremely pitiful in game because of extremely small LOD circle. TXAA/TAA with a sharpening filter. Not holding my breath for any type of Nvidia DLSS 2.0/AMD Fidelity FX Super Resolution (FSR) though it would be nice.
-SSAO rework. Only good for screenshots really. Don't even notice it going down the road.
-Mileage signage in Washington or Idaho
-Further general lighting tweaks

Not sure why people keep talking about a truck coming with a major game update. As trucks are added to ATS as a DLC all that is required is a small compatibility update.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
flight50

#14 Post by flight50 » 21 Oct 2021 20:15

You guys are fast, lol. Already on it. We'll definitely get 1.43 this year. I don't see the xmas event going under 1.42. To far away. We'll need an update just for that as always. So SCS will roll other things into it.

Only one person for DX12, lol. Well make it 2. I too think its possible for DX12 beta....just like we did like 6 months of DX11 beta.

I can see something for California coming. Ph2 part 2 whatever. Doesn't have to be huge. Just something new. 1-2 roads here and there.

Signage wise, I'd actually go with Colorado first. SCS likes to work backwards. Basically the latest dlc, gets the update first. California gets it because its being skinned. But Colorado first. Followed by Idaho, Utah, Washington, Oregon, NM. Texas will come with it from scratch.

I can also see the driving school coming. No one expected MP so soon. Drivers school was announced last Dec. Come the xmas stream this year and it could get announced. I don't see SCS mentioning it a year ago to wait 2 years to present it. Same with DX12. No point in mentioning it this past June if they are not ready within the next 12 months to run beta.

AI.....ehhh I'm 50/50 there. Its definitely time. But it could go a little longer. I wouldn't expect Texas until 1.44 or even 1.45. We can get AI overhaul within the next 3 updates perhaps. If not before Texas, at least with it.

I don't see a new trailer but I can see another truck perhaps. The next time we could see a new trailer could be owned tankers and I don't see that happening until Texas with an expanded oil/gas industry. We know Texas is getting glass companies. We saw an AI truck that appeared to be a glass transport truck. Could get a trailer for that for Texas. My biggest trailer want is a step deck though. Its still missing. The Idaho Spud even gave us a double drop deck that can still be used for something like glass transport, but its not a substituted for a single step drop.
Trucker Nik

#15 Post by Trucker Nik » 22 Oct 2021 12:09

In this update, I expect the addition of US-14, US-285 and Cody all for Wyoming and the second phase of the reworking of California along with the cities
clifflandmark

#16 Post by clifflandmark » 22 Oct 2021 23:16

I say Cody + 1 more truck just before Christmas. Map team could focus TX (and it should be) but what does vehicle department do all that time ? Only A LT that shares same cab with Lonestar ? I don't think so. I don't want to believe.
flight50

#17 Post by flight50 » 23 Oct 2021 06:23

clifflandmark wrote: 22 Oct 2021 23:16 but what does vehicle department do all that time ?
AI vehicles
drivable trucks
AI trucks
cargo 2d/3d
trailers
cargo dlc's
accessories dlc
tuning packs
tire pack dlc's
rbsanford

#18 Post by rbsanford » 23 Oct 2021 16:00

I have a feeling that 1.43 won't be as big as we all hope. I don't remember an open beta going on over SCS' holiday break, and if this update is big, I can see it having an OB. Let's say that, if 1.43 is coming this year, it'll be out on December 20th, at the latest; that's an inter-update period (IUP) of 60 days, when IUPs average around 100.

Best-case scenario, 1.43 will be like 1.34: released after an IUP of 59 days, no open beta or prior announcement, and still featuring a substantial new road and a bit of base map rework. Worst-case scenario, 1.43 won't enter OB until 2022, with information about it given during the Christmas Stream. Between those two, it could be another small update that won't have any new trucks, the Cody Connection, or large base map reworks. Just floating this out there to temper expectations so we don't open another salt mine.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
jarryed

#19 Post by jarryed » 23 Oct 2021 16:14

rbsanford wrote: 23 Oct 2021 16:00 it could be another small update that won't have any new trucks.
Again, why do people think that trucks only come with a major game update that increased version number, for example 1.41 to 1.42.

Version updates for a truck are small. I will use the currently example. 1.42.1.0. If a truck is released it might go to 1.42.2.0. Trucks are released in ATS as DLC content. The only thing required is a small compatibility update...that is it!
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
xXCARL1992Xx

#20 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Oct 2021 16:15

they work in parallel, do some guys srsly think after an update it out they start to work on the next one ? i bet they have already 5 game version they work on to various degrees with various amount of content for it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”