Thrustmaster T248 Event

Xaagon

Thrustmaster T248 Event

#1 Post by Xaagon » 28 Oct 2021 00:49

For several years now I've been using older Thrustmaster Pro Nascar Digital racing wheels. I really like these because they have a sequential gear shifter mounted directly on the wheel so no need to buy a separate shifter. Being a 20+ year old model, these are getting harder to find. Does anyone know of any other wheel that comes with the shifter attached?

One of these days I'll have to upgrade to something less antique. Anyway, another reason I wanted to start this thread is to acknowledge that SCS appears to have created a trailer just for the brown truck I've been using on my primary profile for the last half-million miles and it looks great!
[ external image ]

I kind of wish the special event trailers would make some appearances in AI traffic after the events are over. They would be reminders of good times for the long time players and add some variety for the newer players.
XanderSJX

Re: Thrustmaster T248 Event

#2 Post by XanderSJX » 28 Oct 2021 10:15

There are mods that are adding those Christmas event trailers to the game. I hope they don't break any rules, so I would expect this one to be in also after event. Although this one is easy since it is just image on trailer, so it can be done.
Madkine
Global moderator

#3 Post by Madkine » 28 Oct 2021 11:43

Modding event trailers back into the game after the event is not a breach of any of the rules. Max has explicitly encouraged these mods in the past. (I'm one of those who has had that Xmas mod on the workshop before, I've just been too lazy to fix it recently.)
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 28 Oct 2021 22:11

I don't see why when events like this happen, a skin just can't be rewarded along with hanging ornaments That way, a mod won't even be necessary. If the devs spent all that time creating it, allow it to be selectable as a permanent skin. Not everyone wants to bother with skinning. But a skin that worked already from SCS could be at the discretion of the player to continue using as their memboraia.
Madkine
Global moderator

#5 Post by Madkine » 29 Oct 2021 08:00

Primarily becuase designing an owned trailer skin is a lot more work than a simple AI trailer skin. And the game has no current mechanism for 'awarding' AI skins and being able to select them to show up in traffic.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 29 Oct 2021 17:06

^If this is directed towards my comment, I'm not speaking on AI though. I'm talking about skins for us...the player. That's why I stated "selectable as a permanent skin". Like if we purchased as a skin pack. It stays put. We get free skins with new trucks and iirc, we got the flames skin for free so I that's why I don't see why all that hard work has to go to waste.
GinXeng

#7 Post by GinXeng » 29 Oct 2021 20:32

The reward would be a steam item so it shouldn't be a problem if they gave one out in that fashion.
Madkine
Global moderator

#8 Post by Madkine » 29 Oct 2021 20:42

@flight50 Yes it's directed at you as the event trailer isn't an ownable trailer skin. Making an ownable skin is a bunch of extra work to be done.
The current mods don't make them ownable, they just add them back to AI traffic and freight market.

The idea of earning the skin as an ownable one is a good one though.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

flight50

#9 Post by flight50 » 29 Oct 2021 21:14

Ahh. Okay. Thanks for elaborating. Ownable would be more incentive for people I bet. The cabin stuff is cool and all but I wish events had a level/tier system. Level 1-3 maybe. First level, you par the hole and get the achievement and a pat on the back. Level 2 you get the cabin accessories and 5k if you go 5 deliveries over. Level 3 you get the skin and lets say 10k for doing 10+ over minimum.
Trippul G

#10 Post by Trippul G » 30 Oct 2021 05:27

Quick question for this Thrustmaster event. I did the 5 deliveries for the pedals (in ATS), and redeemed them as a steam reward. When I go to my truck's interior accessories, I'm not seeing the pedals in any slot. I'm not even sure what slot they should show up in, since they're apparently on the dashboard and my truck doesn't seem to have a slot for dashboard accessories. I'm driving a Kenworth W900 with a Studio Sleeper cabin, if that makes a difference?

Return to “General discussion about the game”