ATS 1.43 Discussion Thread

harishw8r

Re: ATS 1.43 Open Beta Discussion Thread

#321 Post by harishw8r » 04 Dec 2021 11:38

Any idea when the Traton paint job for International LT was added?
xXCARL1992Xx

#322 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Dec 2021 11:40

a while ago, couple weeks after the LT release ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
harishw8r

#323 Post by harishw8r » 04 Dec 2021 11:45

Oh, okay! Never really noticed it until today :)
Vojta
SCS Software

#324 Post by Vojta » 04 Dec 2021 21:13

Code: Select all

Hi everyone,

A new ATS build 1.43.0.72  is available in public_beta a on Steam.

* Fixed the possibility of game falling when moving around the map in the menu (172514).
piva

#325 Post by piva » 06 Dec 2021 09:27

Question to @Max.
Is new ID 1560/1565 bar logarithmic or linear? Bacause it look strange for 11 tons cargo. Default data"H~~0~~100000" is set.
(Image clickable)

[ external image ]

EDIT.
I don't know what values you mean for (kN) but you have strange measurement units :lol:
Check here https://www.convertunits.com/from/TON/to/KN
Laqueesha

#326 Post by Laqueesha » 06 Dec 2021 16:18

ETS2 got a new truck; the blog post announcing it hints that more new trucks will come for both ETS2 and ATS.
LATrucker

#327 Post by LATrucker » 06 Dec 2021 17:02

Well yes, but I think that's just a phrase like "there's more to come, stay tuned" :lol:
I hope there will be some ATS news again soon. It's quite a time now since ATS got it's last bigger news.
Sara

#328 Post by Sara » 06 Dec 2021 17:24

Laqueesha wrote: 06 Dec 2021 16:18 ETS2 got a new truck; the blog post announcing it hints that more new trucks will come for both ETS2 and ATS.
Oh I saw that and that is nice. I wish we could have difference sizes trucks in both ETS2 and ATS without having to use any of the mods. Having different size trucks would be really cool.
flight50

#329 Post by flight50 » 06 Dec 2021 19:06

^What do you mean by different sizes? Different sizes like Australia with both COE's and conventional? Otherwise, trucks are based on manufacturers specs.
nautofon

#330 Post by nautofon » 07 Dec 2021 07:17

Vojta wrote: 26 Nov 2021 19:30
  • We want to test prototype of UI controls with gamepad.
    The goal of the test is to find as many screens where controls does not work properly and get general feedback about the controls. So it can also partially test if the controls are intuitive.
  • Development was done on xbox controllers, if you have different one, we want to know what does not work ...
I have so far played ATS with mouse and keyboard. The following observations are from a relatively brief test of ATS 1.43.0.72 using my Dualshock PS4 controller, connected directly via Bluetooth to my Mac (OS 10.15), Steam Input disabled (globally + per-game override).
  1. Starting up the game, the dialog box "Cursor Control" is confusing. The options are "use controller as mouse" and "ignore controller". I don't want the controller to be ignored, but I don't want to just use it for mouse control, either. For this test, I want to control the UI directly using the D-pad etc.
    (I've experimented and found that the "use as mouse" option does what I want, but the dialog's language isn't clear to me.)

2. I've found that I can get back to that dialog box via Options -> Controls -> Alternative mouse cursor controller -> Controller selection -> Reset. That's great! But I couldn't have known that when the "Cursor Control" dialog first came up, and actually sat there for a full minute worrying whether or not the selection would be permanent. I suggest to add a note to the effect that players will later be able to change this selection in the control options.

3. The current ATS button assignment for the PS4 controller are ◻︎ enter / back. However, most games seem to use enter / ⚪︎ back instead. I suggest you add a new option setting for this, and change the default.

4. I suggest to try and use any empty screen space to show the button assignments for the controller. Aside from the enter/back buttons, the R1/L1 buttons for swapping between the different pages of options are somewhat difficult to get used to given the screen layout. I keep trying to use D-pad down instead. (I have this problem in some other games as well though—might be just me I suppose.)

Or, alternatively: Show the actual button assignments on the UI buttons themselves. For example, the "quit game" confirmation dialog, which currently has the button labels Yes / No, could have these button labels: Yes / ⚪︎ No.

5. I couldn't find a way to scroll in the options menus. I suggest to use the right stick for that. Same goes for some other scrolling lists, such as the in-game "emails".

6. Scrolling in the jobs chooser does work with the right stick. However, the scroll bar is horizontal, so you'd expect to be able to scroll left/right; in ATS, you actually need to scroll up/down. I suggest to change this.
    (This issue exists for the mouse as well, BTW. But I realize that a mouse that offers horizontal scrolling is uncommon on non-Mac platforms. Now that controller support is being added, this really should be fixed everywhere.)

7. The entire ATS UI seems to be built for the mouse. That's perfectly fine—I can use it with the controller if I have to, and I can always fall back to the mouse anyway. But if you really want to make the controller a first-class input device, you may need to start over and design a controller-centric UI starting from a blank slate. Now, this would likely be a complete waste of time, unless you plan to take ATS to console eventually. In that case, starting over should really be considered.
Other than the above, I didn't find any noteworthy issues while trying to use the controller. However, I don't like driving with the controller, so I'll stick to mouse and keyboard going forward.

Hope this helps! :)
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD

Return to “General discussion about the game”