ATS 1.43 Discussion Thread

Some newbie driver

Re: ATS 1.43 Open Beta Discussion Thread

#261 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 21:02

The list Vojta provides use to be just about most relevant changes for us (the ones we directly see, the bugs we have publicly reported...). If they were going to change "only" those 5 things they wouldn't take weeks to complete the OB. One day he published a more exhaustive list of everything changed in one single beta update and the list was longer than an Scottex paper roll.

All of those background changes are in the files that are updated.
Sara

#262 Post by Sara » 26 Nov 2021 05:27

Anyone noticed the new loading screens in 1.43 Open Beta? Giving us the location of the area of the image in the loading screen
flight50

#263 Post by flight50 » 26 Nov 2021 05:36

@Sara Yes people first talked about the new loading screens back on page 24.
Vojta
SCS Software

#264 Post by Vojta » 26 Nov 2021 19:30

Hi everyone,

New ATS build 1.43.0.63 is available in public_beta on Steam.
  • Gamepad - controller in UI menu.
  • We want to test prototype of UI controls with gamepad.<br>The goal of the test is to find as many screens where controls does not work properly and get general feedback about the controls. So it can also partially test if the controls are intuitive.
  • Development was done on xbox controllers, if you have different one, we want to know what does not work (the basic control layout should stay the same) but your ability to test the UI might be limited (already have report of this)
  • To start testing, push command ui_gamepad_mode to console.
  • Test is focused only on non-driving ui. So basically everything after you start the game and before you click drive.
Bedavd

#265 Post by Bedavd » 26 Nov 2021 20:04

Oh nice! I use a PS4 controller through DS4Windows with my gamepad. Will definitely play around with it for y'all and see if I run into any issues.
Last edited by Bedavd on 26 Nov 2021 20:50, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
San_Sany4

#266 Post by San_Sany4 » 26 Nov 2021 20:40

Hey @Vojta, sorry for the ping, but can you or anyone else share more info of what is changed and what to expect? I am asking because I have changed my UI controls in controls.sii, quite a lot, and I want to be prepared for possible problems and conflicts.

Last time when the controls were changed (when steam input support was added), the game could not update my modified file and instead just wiped the controls.sii clean. It was a lot of pain to recreate the config so I would like to know in advance this time.
My World of Trucks profile. My Steam profile.
ETS2 since 1.4, ATS since 1.0. Vanilla player.
xXCARL1992Xx

#267 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Nov 2021 20:43

the only change is that the menu is now Gran Turismo style, you have your cursor and can navigate from option to option via the D-Pad and not move the cursor like a mouse
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
pigbrother

#268 Post by pigbrother » 26 Nov 2021 21:02

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but my gamepad is not working at all in UI. DualShock 4 with Steam Input. Do I have to use the default SCS Steam Input config for this?
I have approximate knowledge of many things
xXCARL1992Xx

#269 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Nov 2021 21:08

you have to use the command in console for it "ui_gamepad_mode"
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Bedavd

#270 Post by Bedavd » 26 Nov 2021 21:13

@pigbrother and make sure you do "ui_gamepad_mode 1" to set it from the default 0.

So, I only played around for a little bit, but here's some of my thoughts.

1) there should be some more tweaking with the map menu. There doesn't seem to be a button that allows you to drag the map around and I really really miss that. I do like that we can still zoom using the trigger buttons so I'm happy that stayed. Circle now is a "back" button, and I couldn't find a way to move the map. Also, it seems a lot more annoying to use the route pins. Much easier to accidentally place one, and much more difficult to remove the accidentally placed one lol. Maybe a different button to place the pins and/or remove them

2) when you open/leave a menu, it seems to jump to the the closest button. I'd rather it not do that personally because I lose the mouse cursor. Particularly when I leave the menu it jumps to the "Drive" button in the far bottom left corner and I have to now move it all the way back to where I want it. I'd personally prefer that the cursor stay put until I use the D-pad to jump it to the closest button.

My two cents, personally.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”