Need to reinstall Windows - how to save game?

Some newbie driver

Re: Need to reinstall Windows - how to save game?

#11 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 Nov 2021 08:46

94cruiser wrote: 19 Nov 2021 23:00In the game do not have an online account.
Do I need to set that up first?
No, the World of Trucks online account is completely optional for SCS games.

Regards
94cruiser

#12 Post by 94cruiser » 03 Dec 2021 15:28

I signed in to Steam, downloaded the game, launched and my account was there.
All good.
Trucker Nik

#13 Post by Trucker Nik » 03 Dec 2021 17:38

I need advice, I don't know where to ask so I'll write this topic, I want to buy a new laptop and I've already found one that I like, but the problem is that the operating system has Linux, I've never used an operating system other than Windows , is the difference between Windows and Linux? Will ATS and ETS2 work on Linux? (and other games) How will it be from updates and DLC, will I get an open beta version of the update on the day of release or is it just for Windows owners? Will I be able to buy DLC even if I use Linux? If anyone could answer my questions, I would be very grateful to them, I remind you once again I have been a long-time user of Windows. Linux and other operating systems I did not use
Grizzly

#14 Post by Grizzly » 04 Dec 2021 01:22

What video card does it have? You do need a pretty good machine to run the game well, under windows or linux.

The linux version works much the same as the windows version but on OpenGL. You get betas and DLCs at the same time. Most of the bugs are even the same.

If you install steam and log in you should have all your games there, most games just work nowadays but there are some that don't, or don't work well.

Some things are different, the linux version has no interface for trackir. Mod making tools are windows centric. Some mods have textures that aren't formatted correctly so they work under windows but appear black under linux, the most popular mods generally work fine.

Peripheral support can be a bit more difficult.
Trucker Nik

#15 Post by Trucker Nik » 04 Dec 2021 07:47

@Grizzly I don't use mods so that's fine, the graphics have Nvidia RTX 3070 (8GB) processor 8-core AMD Ryzen 7 5800H (basic frequency 3.2Ghz maximum 4.4Ghz) RAM 16GB, SSD disk with a capacity of 1024GB, so you say that everything will be the same as if I used Windows, and ATS and ETS2 go smoothly? I would still like to know that if I use the graphic settings to the maximum, they will not chop ATS and ETS2? Previously, I used a gaming laptop with a GTX 1650 (4GB) and ATS and ETS2 chopped they did not go smoothly
plykkegaard

#16 Post by plykkegaard » 04 Dec 2021 08:35

Depends on your settings, don't run on battery or wifi and expect premium performance

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Trucker Nik

#17 Post by Trucker Nik » 04 Dec 2021 08:52

I always have my laptop plugged in electric energy when I play even when I'm not playing, it's just still 24/7 my laptop is plugged in electric energy I thought to ask, I using a Logitech G29 gaming is steering wheel compatible with Linux?
JoeAlex23

#18 Post by JoeAlex23 » 04 Dec 2021 18:35

Ceco wrote: 03 Dec 2021 17:38 I need advice, I don't know where to ask so I'll write this topic, I want to buy a new laptop and I've already found one that I like, but the problem is that the operating system has Linux, I've never used an operating system other than Windows , is the difference between Windows and Linux? Will ATS and ETS2 work on Linux? (and other games) How will it be from updates and DLC, will I get an open beta version of the update on the day of release or is it just for Windows owners? Will I be able to buy DLC even if I use Linux? If anyone could answer my questions, I would be very grateful to them, I remind you once again I have been a long-time user of Windows. Linux and other operating systems I did not use
If you have no idea what Linux is i would recommend you to stay away from that, Linux is not just an Operating System, it's something more complicated than that, and if you don't want to learn new ways of doing what you normally do on Windows, moving to Linux is not the right move.
Trucker Nik

#19 Post by Trucker Nik » 05 Dec 2021 06:40

Yes, I also thought I'd choose another laptop or reinstall Linux on Windows 10 (maybe Windows 11 if possible)
Trucker Nik

#20 Post by Trucker Nik » 21 Dec 2021 13:58

I've been using Windows 11 and ETS2 since yesterday, ATS works fine

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”