Colorado
42%
Wyoming
17%

Total votes: 226

Brendan0620

Re: Favorite map expansion(s)

#21 Post by Brendan0620 » 23 Nov 2021 21:13

-My favorite DLC is definitely Colorado, still great to drive in and Patrik's team did a wonderful job with building it!

-Wyoming ranks in 2nd IMO, it was well done by a team of newcomers, can't wait to see what they do in Montana.

-Washington is the 3rd best, very good state with nice scenery and the road network is great despite the state's size.

-Utah is good as well, despite some roads that might be missing due to scale or something else, it's still a decent state, I do hope they fix some of the mountains especially in SLC

-Idaho is good too, but not better than Utah, the lack of new companies was a bit of a problem when the state released, but the cities are the high spot in this DLC, I love Boise and Nampa

-Oregon is decent, even for it's time it's a great DLC. Though a little bit of a rework in some areas would be nice.

-New Mexico is okay, I think a rework of some areas is needed, some of the roads don't feel straight and textures are a little outdated.

-Arizona? no comments other than north Arizona is great, the rest of the state, ehh.

NOTE: this was my opinion on the states in ATS so far.
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
flight50

#22 Post by flight50 » 24 Nov 2021 15:30

^I like your top 3. They are solid. 1 & 2 can go either way for me. They are pretty darn close for me. Both has good parts that are better than the other. I'd rather say they are a tie for me. I agree with Utah and Idaho coming in after those three. Good dlc's but they could have been great as well. Several misses on them though. I'd still pay regular price for them in a heart beat.
dkasper00

#23 Post by dkasper00 » 24 Nov 2021 20:03

My list of state dlc's, not factoring in Arizona or Nevada as they were free. Besides, most of you know how much I don't care for Nevada in game, yes Nevada was an expansion.

1: Colorado. When ATS came out, this was the one state that I was truly wanting and had high expectations for. The dlc lived up to them . This is permanently at number 1, so Texas or any dlc that comes around will be vying for 2nd.

2: Wyoming. Beautifully made dlc from a map team of new comers.

3: Utah. This is probably a controversial pick in others eyes as I didn't go with Washington as number 3. I just like Utah's road network better. Which is enough to put it over Washington.

4: Washington. Well made DLC, though it feels like at times to me a tad bit tedious to drive through.

5: New Mexico. Fun dlc, doesn't have the detail of that the ones above has. Was the first dlc that had a major city that truly felt big(Albuquerque) to me.

6: Idaho. Looks great, but northern part of the state is a headscratcher, as if it's missing something.

7: Oregon. Loved it when it released, but over time it has felt insanely laborious to go through. I now go through Wyoming/Idaho, or Utah/Idaho to get to Washington.

In case you are wondering, I'd put Arizona at 8 over Nevada.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
flight50

#24 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2021 02:06

@dkasper00Poor Nevada, lol. Well maybe when it gets rebuilt perhaps it can climb some list. It's not a paid dlc but it can look like one in due time. I'm thinking the poll is referring to paid dlc's though but nothing wrong with giving all states some love.
dkasper00

#25 Post by dkasper00 » 25 Nov 2021 04:26

Hoping it will.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
interstate trav

#26 Post by interstate trav » 25 Nov 2021 05:07

I voted Colorado, and I’ll be honest I think all the expansions have been great but the 70 in Colorado was just so great and it felt so realistic and I mean the scenery in real life is so wonderful that it was going to be good in the game.

Oh and Wyoming is great I think.
Double M

#27 Post by Double M » 29 Nov 2021 17:36

Wyoming has been a pleasant surprise for me because I thought it was going to be boring and I loved it. Looking at this I know that the next Montana DLC is going to like me and it will exceed my expectations as Wyoming has done.
flight50

#28 Post by flight50 » 29 Nov 2021 23:18

^Funny you say that. I looked at New Mexico like that way back when it first came outt. It was ATS's first paid dlc and no one knew what to expect. I was impressed enough to stick around all these years. Now, I'd never hesitate to buy a map. I wouldn't ever need to see a blog or progress for map. I'd just buy it without thinking twice.
Xaagon

#29 Post by Xaagon » 30 Nov 2021 01:07

I'm going to go a little counter to the crowd here. I picked New Mexico and Oregon.

New Mexico has aged very well. It still feels like driving through New Mexico in real life to me. My only real complaint with it is US-64/87 east of Raton is missing, and we have a very real possibility that this gets fixed when Texas releases.

I picked Oregon because of what it added to Northern California. I believe Oregon DLC was really the seed that sprouted into the base map rebuild project.

I'll give honorable mentions to the newest DLC, Colorado & Wyoming. Both bring a lot to ATS and I understand why lots of folks are voting for them. Being a Colorado resident, I can't help but notice so many missing links with the highways east of I-25. US-24, US-40, US-34, US-36, CO-14, CO-10, CO-71 to mention a few. Wyoming really could have used US-85 up the east side & US-287 between Fort Collins and Laramie. Also there's the whole issue of Cody missing.
festmache

#30 Post by festmache » 30 Nov 2021 10:15

I agree that New Mexico and Oregon are still awesome...
New Mexico has the nice desert roads that Arizona could have if it had better quality. Oregon added something completely new, lots of green and beautiful coastlines.
Also, Albuquerque and Portland are still among the best cities in the game. I was amazed with ABQ and still am today.

I didn't vote for either of these states, but I think the general quality difference is quite low, certainly compared to ETS2 where a long drive through different regions may feel like time travelling. In ATS, big parts of the base map feel really old, but from the first paid DLC (New Mexico) onwards, it's all very beautiful.
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”