Colorado
42%
Wyoming
17%

Total votes: 226

flight50

Re: Favorite map expansion(s)

#31 Post by flight50 » 01 Dec 2021 21:33

Xaagon wrote: 30 Nov 2021 01:07 I believe Oregon DLC was really the seed that sprouted into the base map rebuild project.
I'd like to think Sierra Nevada and the work that PaZzmod has done is what prompt the ATS rebuilds. If I had to say dlc's though, I'd go with Idaho and Utah. Idaho hit the mark visually on what the standards should be. Utah hit the stand for rock formations. Both have taken off with Colorado and Wyoming.

But there is a ton of praise from SN compared to the base map. Is SN perfect, no. But its fun. Very fun. Despite the bugs, its much better than the map map and I think after hearing about it so much, SCS committed an actual team to it. Based on the Vortex interview that Pavel did this past Summer, I'd like to think that Pavel is taking things in the right direction. Several things he said in that interview intrigued me. It was in Czech but there are English subtitles. I had to pause a lot to make sure I understood everything, but very very informative for me. I think the future is a bit more positive.
Jatruck

#32 Post by Jatruck » 01 Dec 2021 22:01

Oregon was the one which let me join to ATS ... :D

Well, together with Washington, as I bought both at once. :)
hangman005

#33 Post by hangman005 » 03 Dec 2021 06:51

Little OT, but NM was a bit of surprise for me, I played ATS quite a bit in the early years, I did struggle a bit to adjust from COE, I know New Mexico was being developed when I stopped playing to focus more on ETS2 when I came back we had Oregon and were gearing up for WA, I was surprised with NM in part because I had completely forgotten they had made it. But it's also an enjoyable part of the map which I don't go as much as I used to. Texas will change that.
flight50

#34 Post by flight50 » 03 Dec 2021 07:26

Yeah Texas will get everyone rolling thru New Mexico. I hope the rebuild team does a quick update to it later down the road. Mainly the backgrounds. They still use some of the old California mountain models in some places. Those models need to be trashed and never seen again, lol. The mountains now are night and day and sooo top notch comparing base map to the new rock formation tools. Passing thru NM and into the Western desert regions of Texas will expose how far mapping has come since NM's 2017 release.
supersobes
Global moderator

#35 Post by supersobes » 04 Dec 2021 03:51

On the topic of touching up New Mexico, New Mexico and even Oregon still have quite a few old California-style guardrail models that I hope to see replaced at some point as well.
Freeze338

#36 Post by Freeze338 » 04 Dec 2021 10:22

I would like to say this. Even my favourite DLC is Colorado, if Idaho and Utah has more roads, then I would really struggle to pick one between Colorado, Utah and Idaho.
flight50

#37 Post by flight50 » 04 Dec 2021 13:06

Visually Idaho set the standard. It looks great. But I'm not after graphics. Of all the paid dlc's, Idaho is on the bottom of my list. I don't think any state should ever exclude ICCs. Not even one new company came with the dlc. No new industry. I'm not positive on the cargo though. The lack of roads, I'm not even too upset about because Idaho is just like that. The best part about Idaho is that it completed I-84. That was bound to happen though so I don't really know if that's credit to the dlc.

White Bird missed the mark for me. Wrong road type for one. Should have be a 2+1 road and it lacks a summit. Little to no elevation at all. Due to scale I get it but look at newer dlc's...look at all the mountain passes in Colorado...NV-140/OR-140, Washington's WA-20. Elevation could have hit White Bird if they tried. References are out there and they completely ignored it. I think we got a few new prefabs of companies but it was the same ole companies as usual. That was very very lazy to me. They didn't even try and it feels like a slap in the face to me personally. The devs felt like Idaho didn't deserve anything new for its economy imho and that's just wrong to me. If anyone is offended...sorry, but its not your thoughts, its might and I'm calling like I see it. All that talk about potatoes and nothing. There are 3d models of equipment for the potato farms laying around all over the map as props, yet nothing was strapped down to a trailer as cargo in regards to that industry. All we got was animations in the fields. No new feature pertaining to them or nothing.

I truly hope we don't ever see a dlc like Idaho gain. But like I said, visually, its great with a few misses. It set the bar for visuals but its very mediocre as a paid dlc. Not worth the asking price for me and its very very very rare that I'd ever say that. The game is about ICCs. Delivering cargo from point A to B from industries. In those industries there should be plenty of companies with loads of cargo. ICCs...we need more..not less, not zero. Idaho can be fixed. SCS can always go back and fix whatever they want.....if they wanted to. That's the beauty of ATS/ETS2. They can update and add to at will. The question is.........will they? Fans complain...the ball is in their court. Somethings are addressed, others aren't. But I'd like to think the true focus of the game is priority...always. The economy is priority in ETS2, but not in ATS for whatever reason. That mindset hopefully changes asap.
Freeze338

#38 Post by Freeze338 » 04 Dec 2021 22:24

Well agreed about companies. There are great legacy farming companies just like Bushnell. At least I'm expecting one of it in Idaho. Huge disappointment that SCS don't wanna use older 18 Wheels of Steel companies.
flight50

#39 Post by flight50 » 05 Dec 2021 06:08

18 WOS was easy to carry over several more companies. Only a couple made it. As far as I know, there wasn't any legal issue behind it. Those 18WOS companies could have establish more industries in ATS from the beginning. The cyan ones below, those industries, we don't even have in ATS. The pink ones, there are multiple companies for one industry's. Why one company per industry in ATS now, I still have no clue. I needs to be deeper per industry. Not only do we need multiple companies for each industry, but we need a lot of middle man companies added to each industry. ATS could have had more diversity in companies in the beginning and it should have add a lot more by now than what it currently has. ATS is currently sitting at 49 companies. Several are one offs like ports and Airports.

ATS currently has 10 states. On avg, that is less than 5 companies per state. We have 2 big states coming in the next 1-2 years. We'll have to wait and see how things turn out. Not all below needs to make ATS, but they could have had upgraded names and logos.

Amergine was a Logistics company - 6 current cities in ATS is where they were
Crop Bank was a food company - 5 current cities in ATS is where they were with 1 more coming from Texas
Dig Whitch was a construction company - 2 current cities in ATS is where they were with 2 more coming from Texas and Montana in the next 1-2 years
FM Mall was a supermarket - 5 current cities in ATS is where they were with 1 more coming from Texas
Gen Lab was a chemicals - 2 current cities in ATS is where they were with 2 more coming from Texas
Home Garden was a garden superstore - 4 current cities in ATS is where they were
Hospital was health - 4 current cities in ATS is where they were with 1 more coming from Texas
John Dear was logging - (Change to something else though) - 1 current cityin ATS is where they were with 1 coming with Montana
Kraft Factory was logistics - 3 current cities in ATS is where they were
Mega Can Food was food - 2 current cities in ATS is where they were with 1 coming with Montana
Nextar Oil was fuels - 2 current cities in ATS is where they were with 1 coming with Texas
Power Plant was a nuclear plant - 1 current cities in ATS is where they were
Top Car was an auto plant - 2 current cities in ATS is where they were
Trolley Gardens was supermarket - 3 current cities in ATS is where they were with 1 coming with Montana
United Fuel and Oil was fuels - 2 current cities in ATS is where they were with 2 coming with Texas
Industrial Waste Management was waste - 5 current cities in ATS is where they were
Zabarts was food - 4 current cities in ATS is where they were with 2 coming with Texas and Montana

ATS should easily have super markets, more than one construction company and a lot more logistics than what it has at this current time.
Tristman

#40 Post by Tristman » 05 Dec 2021 10:00

Dig Whitch is a parody of Ditch Witch I think, manufacturer of construction vehicles. They probably shouldn’t use that name (or John Dear) anymore. I can’t tell if any of the others are names that are too close to irl companies.

Return to “General discussion about the game”