Now the map is bigger what roads do you drive less

hangman005

Now the map is bigger what roads do you drive less

#1 Post by hangman005 » 03 Dec 2021 08:16

Kind of interested to see this.

But what roads/places did you always used to drive, but due to the growing map never seem to drive any more.

For me there are two.

US 395 between Burns and Pendleton, but you could probably include most of interior Oregon.

The other is Las Vegas, despite it being my HQ and without needing to go to SoCal I definitely don't travel through as much
Tristman

Re: Now the map is bigger what roads do you drive less

#2 Post by Tristman » 03 Dec 2021 09:58

The road from Winnemucca up to Oregon. It used to be the main connector between Utah and the PNW, but I haven’t been there since we got Idaho.

Also all of Arizona. It’s just not up to par with newer states, and New Mexico and Wyoming also have this wasteland feel, while being better quality. Since NM has multiple connections into Colorado, I have just avoided Arizona.
pigbrother

#3 Post by pigbrother » 03 Dec 2021 10:43

I take a lot of detours, sometimes 400 miles longer than it should, just to change the route and the scenery. However, US-101 in Oregon and Washington and especially the part between Aberdeen and Port Angeles is my least travelled route.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Jatruck

#4 Post by Jatruck » 03 Dec 2021 11:37

@pigbrother If you want to remind ... :D ;)
Double M

#5 Post by Double M » 03 Dec 2021 16:08

I generally avoid driving through California and Nevada.

Before I used to drive very often on I-80 from San Francisco to Utah. But with the arrival of Wyoming I avoid driving on I-80 in California and Nevada. I'm only going from Wyoming to Elko, and I don't go any further west.

Also another highway that I used to travel the entirety was I-5, but lately where I've driven the most has been on the highways of New Mexico, Colorado and Wyoming.
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 03 Dec 2021 16:29

California for me for the most part. Nevada I'll go I-15 with the Vegas rebuild and sometimes I-80 but only to reach US-395 to OR-140/NV-140. I'll go to Arizona quicker than the other 2 non paid maps.

I've been thru Northern Calif and its cool, but I'd only go there if I was connecting with Western Nevada or Southern Oregon. Texas and Montana will make it even easier to avoid the base map. Good thing its in rebuild mode though. Prime reason why I think I-80 should be fast tracked to get Northern California back on the menu along with the I-80 stretch of Nevada. If all of I-80 in California is done, that leaves a quality gap in Nevada and people would avoid that route still. Southern California will take forever to get to and complete anyways. Once Texas can free up a mapper or two, I'd like to see them knock out I-80 which the current rebuild team does what they do in California. We need a reworked I-80 in full to get us from the Utah dlc over to a completely reworked I-80 in California. That corridor is a must have as I-10 and I-40 is an even longer wait. We need I-80 to go along with I-90 and
I-70 as alternates.
supersobes
Global moderator

#7 Post by supersobes » 03 Dec 2021 16:52

For the past few years, I've been avoiding all of California and Nevada until they get reworked.

Before Colorado and Wyoming, I used to drive US-191 up the east side of Utah multiple times a week. Going between New Mexico and the Pacific Northwest, I would go up US-191 to hit I-70/US-6 to eventually make my way up to I-84 and points northwest of there. I still do drive this route every now and then, but it's much faster to take I-25 up to I-70 or I-80 now that we have those states.
Double M

#8 Post by Double M » 03 Dec 2021 16:58

Yes, flight50

I agree with you that quite a few people avoid driving in California and Nevada, essentially because of the lower quality compared to the newer DLCs. Remodeling I-80 would be one way to give California and Nevada a bigger boost again.
LATrucker

#9 Post by LATrucker » 03 Dec 2021 17:25

Well, I don't avoid California, but it's not a fun drive in the current state :lol:
It's quite a time now since I've been to the South of New Mexico for some reason. Before Colorado and Wyoming were released I've been there more often, but that changes with every new DLC release to be honest.
When Texas releases I'm pretty sure I'll drive in this area again :)
flight50

#10 Post by flight50 » 03 Dec 2021 19:14

The Sierra Nevada mod made a portion of California fun. I don't run that mod anymore though since they merged in 1.40 update...I believe it was. The only parts I run now in California is the stuff that came with Oregon and/or the newest stuff that came with 1.40. But even still, I don't get over that way much. I only get to play on the weekends so my time is limited in game anyways. Whatever we get for phase 2 California will be much appreciated. I hope they don't go South of I-80 no time soon though. So much more can be brought to I-80 and North of it. California has the 2nd most largest road network behind Texas and I think SCS will be leaving density on the table. The least that can happen complete CA-99 with Chico and Yuba City added. At least one of them needs to be marked though. Best case, CA-99 and add CA-20 with the added cities.

Return to “General discussion about the game”