Now the map is bigger what roads do you drive less

Xaagon

Re: Now the map is bigger what roads do you drive less

#11 Post by Xaagon » 04 Dec 2021 00:31

Lately I drive US-191 through Price, UT a lot less. Now that we have Wyoming, I-80 is often a better connector coming out of central Colorado.
flight50 wrote: 03 Dec 2021 19:14 The least that can happen complete CA-99 with Chico and Yuba City added. At least one of them needs to be marked though. Best case, CA-99 and add CA-20 with the added cities.
I would love to see Chico and Yuba City or Marysville added. As a Ukiah native, CA-20 is at the top of my ATS wish list!
flight50

#12 Post by flight50 » 04 Dec 2021 01:56

@Xaagon I'll keep running my mouth about it my friend, lol. In a nutshell, I think Northern California could be much better than we have. I'd like to see a much much better Agricultural presence for California. Get people back to California. Newcomers will see it first. Make the roads denser and they will buy more. The ideal North California for me would be the markup below. I'd go with Chico marked and do 2-3 remote depots to Yuba City and have 3-4 depots for Chico itself. That gives Chico 7 possible. New prefabs and a new farm company helps.

CA-20 is pressing it so I'd push it a bit North.....Sierra Nevada style. That gives a bit more space from a must have increased size for Sacramento to get in all of CA-99 and US-50 from Carson City. Sacramento needs to grow in size though. It has a lot riding on it. Chico is all alone and has space to spread out. So it should be an easy add. Get some Agriculture North and South on CA-99. Not just South with this rebuild. So Chico could be a tad larger than Yuba City for ATS standards. All the other cities are in place. They just need to be reworked and get a revamped economy. I may not have all the current roads displayed as I'm going off memory by the way. But CA-99, CA-20 and US-50 are the only ones that would be ideal for Northern California. Anything else probably makes things tougher.

[ external image ]
axl135

#13 Post by axl135 » 04 Dec 2021 03:03

I have seldom driven through much of Nevada after adding Idaho. The same is true with I-70 after getting Wyoming.
Freeze338

#14 Post by Freeze338 » 11 Dec 2021 22:19

Nevada. I'm driving in California thx to the US 101 and the beautiful ocean coast. And North California is perfect. But Nevada..... Nope. After having Utah DLC, connecting Nevada to the I-80 makes me wanna puke.

The quality difference was so overwhelming so I cannot ever drive around Nevada. Only I'm driving around Vegas sometimes. But not that much. Even I don't like Arizona. I wish they reskin the Grand Canyon.
Tristman

#15 Post by Tristman » 11 Dec 2021 23:25

Grand Canyon might be the weakest spot in Arizona, and would benefit most from a reskin. Luckily it is also one of the easiest places to avoid driving past.

I don’t mind Nevada in its current state as long as I stay away from the I-80. The lack of details compared to new DLC is not a big problem on the smaller roads going through the desert. I think the roads in California that go through forested area but lack any kind of detail or things to set them apart from other roads are way worse.
Laqueesha

#16 Post by Laqueesha » 12 Dec 2021 00:08

I avoid those squiggly roads in northern CA.
hangman005

#17 Post by hangman005 » 12 Dec 2021 04:14

@Tristam-94 yeah I mean it definitely can do with an upgrade, but comparatively speaking I do agree, that aside from I-80, the rest of Nevada is at least drivable.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
Sara

#18 Post by Sara » 17 Dec 2021 14:19

supersobes wrote: 03 Dec 2021 16:52 For the past few years, I've been avoiding all of California and Nevada until they get reworked..
I actually don't blame you, though I don't avoid all parts of those 2 states. Only time I would mostly go though Nevada is mostly if going though the state to drop a trailer off in AZ if picking up from the northern states and visa versa, and only time I visit California is to take a trip on some of the new reworked areas.
pigbrother

#19 Post by pigbrother » 17 Dec 2021 14:24

I pass through Nevada pretty often when I want a change for I-84 corridor and I agree that I-80 is by far the most annoying part. The rest of the state is old and obsolete, but is desolated anyway and I quite enjoy US-93 or NV-375 + NV-305.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
ClassicTrucks

#20 Post by ClassicTrucks » 31 Dec 2021 14:58

I tend to avoid driving through California. I don’t like the 55 mph speed limit the entire time. Aside from that, I tend to stay off small 2 land roads if possible. I like to stick with the interstates and try to plan my routes to stay on them as much as possible

Return to “General discussion about the game”