Double Trailers

xDope

Re: Double Trailers

#51 Post by xDope » 04 Sep 2016 15:07

Makes sense. Guess the AI will freak out when they see a double trailer :lol: . Anyways I feel that everyone is going to have trouble parking doubles as is so I don't think that is the problem ;) . Besides, for ATS two single axle trailers would technically be the same size as a single 53 footer.
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
kriechbaum

#52 Post by kriechbaum » 04 Sep 2016 18:24

it's possible in a first time to add only two pivots points, and only for modding.
And later add it to the ai. We have so many nice trucks and trailers mods that need those multi pivots points. It was possible in ETS 1 and in the Haulin.
PW4056

#53 Post by PW4056 » 04 Sep 2016 18:56

xDope wrote:Anyways I feel that everyone is going to have trouble parking doubles as is so I don't think that is the problem ;) .
You don't park doubles around here. You drop the second trailer somewhere, then put the first one somewhere.
Captain Kevin
[ external image ]
PW4056

#55 Post by PW4056 » 04 Sep 2016 21:09

Only thing is I have never in my life seen a doubles container like that before, so not quite.
Captain Kevin
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#56 Post by plykkegaard » 04 Sep 2016 21:17

Has nothing to do with doubles
When I see doubles around here they are driving from a distribution center to another eg Postnord or Carlsberg

Similar to these Dutch roadtrains
Soon you'll be asking for this :P

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
natvander
SCS Software

#57 Post by natvander » 04 Sep 2016 22:44

I want this
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
xDope

#58 Post by xDope » 05 Sep 2016 01:34

PW4056 wrote:You don't park doubles around here. You drop the second trailer somewhere, then put the first one somewhere.
True but if SCS is planning to do it the same way as Haulin' your going to have to park it.
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
PW4056

#59 Post by PW4056 » 05 Sep 2016 05:44

And the last time I tried doing it there, it took me a rather long time to get it done....and this was way before I even started driving a truck, so I didn't know any better. Of course, after having mentioned my struggles in trying, I got told this is exactly why you don't back a set of doubles.
Captain Kevin
[ external image ]
TwinShadow

#60 Post by TwinShadow » 05 Sep 2016 22:16

xDope wrote:I'm sure this must have been asked but....

If the MP team managed to build doubles, what were wrong with those? Clearly it is possible. I had high hopes when I originally seen it back in 2014 :cry: . Here is a video for the curious fellows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNIn_P8wxmw

Or:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAjaTA9T8B4
There's a reason the base game doesn't have doubles. Its simply not coded in. That's why traditional mods can't put in double trailers. (those that show them are all just a single trailer, no additional pivot points)

So no, it is not clearly possible. What that "team" did a couple years ago was literally hack the EXE and injected code into the game to spawn a dolly and trailer. Its real complicated stuff to try and explain basically. We all know the engine is fine with it, but the physics part of the engine is not; as that team later found out in an update to ETS2 that completely wrecked it.

With the way how the games are set up, one would not be required to back up doubles, and generally speaking (at least in the US, don't know how it is in EU in those countries that do allow such combinations), PW4056 is correct that you don't back them, just drop them off. I believe SCS can put in additional coding that have a sort of special drop-off point for double trailers at prefabs large enough for that purpose. All without losing some of those bonus points you get for doing things manually.

Still though, I do hope SCS do put in doubles at least for us to drive. The AI don't really need them, even if it would be a bit more realistic in some cases. But due to the current tracking of the AI trucks, I'd say leave double trailers only showing up for the player for the time being.

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”