New to ATS - Question about mods

Mr.Smoke

New to ATS - Question about mods

#1 Post by Mr.Smoke » 31 Dec 2016 12:47

Very glad i decided to pick up this game. Ive been involved in the trucking industry since i was a small child and have become a mechanic in trucking as an adult. It runs through my blood, so this game make me feel at home.

Anyways, i made this thread as i see many different places where i can get mods and was just curious if there was a best, or most trusted place by the majority of people?

Was also wondering if mods for the older 1.4.X versions will work with the new 1.5.X version of the game?

Greatly appreciate any insight that anyone can provide.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!
IonutL

Re: New to ATS - Question about mods

#2 Post by IonutL » 31 Dec 2016 19:59

A definitely go to place is here on the forum viewforum.php?f=183 and on the ATS Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/app/270880/workshop/. Of course there are other places, surely someone else could guide you to them.
Regarding the backwards compatibility, some mods might work on the newer version, some may not. It all depends if SCS changed their files, which the mods depend on. If you see something you like, but you're not sure if it works on the new version, backup the profile folder from ATS (or the entire ATS folder from your Documents) and put the mod in the mods folder and run the game. I think it's advisable to do that everytime you try a new mod, you never know what might happen. Regarding this new patch 1.5, the map mods don't work at all.
Max
SCS Software

#3 Post by Max » 31 Dec 2016 21:34

few of map mods work already.
and mantrid even published beta version of re-scaled coast to coast ...
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Mr.Smoke

#4 Post by Mr.Smoke » 31 Dec 2016 23:16

@IonutL i figured those 2 places would be good, safe starting places. I should have mentioned that i browsed those briefly along with many other sites. Just wasnt sure how well those other sites could be trusted. Dont want to have any issue with viruses.

Ive seen the map mods and was curious, but i think im going to try multiplayer first before maps.

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”