iHeartRadio and Spotify?

bobgrey1997

Re: iHeartRadio and Spotify?

#31 Post by bobgrey1997 » 15 Aug 2017 13:04

I like metal as well, but I go for the more melodic kind. Ever heard of the Swedish band Ghost?

On the slightly heavier, I also like the Greek band Rotting Christ.

Both are a lot of Latin and Greek lyrics, not much English... Nor do you ever actually hardly hear any of it on commercial radio here in the U.S...
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#32 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 16 Aug 2017 08:27

i enjoy metal that never stops being metal. so "clean vocals" or "soft singing" turn me away. Cannibal Corpse is a band i can listen to endlesly but my favorite is classic thrash metal
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
bobgrey1997

#33 Post by bobgrey1997 » 16 Aug 2017 10:03

rocknrollDaVE wrote: 16 Aug 2017 08:27 i enjoy metal that never stops being metal.
The thing there is metal can have "soft singing" and not "stop being" metal.
Metal, or Heavy Metal is simply a
Britannica wrote:genre of rock music that includes a group of related styles that are intense, virtuosic, and powerful. Driven by the aggressive sounds of the distorted electric guitar, heavy metal is arguably the most commercially successful genre of rock music

There are no restrictions on the vocals to qualify or disqualify as "Metal", as evident by the sub-genre "Nu-Metal" which is a
Britannica wrote:subgenre of heavy metal music. Nu metal and the related genre rap metal represented a fusion of heavy metal instrumentation and hip-hop conventions such as rapped lyrics and “turntabling.”
A song with rapped lyrics can still be technically considered "Metal"...

I personally like Metal with melodic, but deep, lyrics. Loud and heavy, but not a scream.
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#34 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 16 Aug 2017 10:59

i never denied or questioned the definition of metal. im just stating my opinion on which metal i like the best because in the end metal is about the ruthless slaughter for fun :D
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.

[ external image ]
Reef

#35 Post by Reef » 16 Aug 2017 11:23

I like so many different genre's of music it'd make your "80's esque" split ended hairs curl :lol:

I like, and in no particular order..

Death metal, thrash metal, modern metal (hence my 5fdp post) Drum & Bass, Hard House, Dubstep, chillstep, (some) Trap, Happy hardcore (well, until the E numbers wore off) Some mainstream, modern classical/electro mix some classic classical and many others in between

tbf as far as I'm concerned there are only two types of music, Music I like, and music I don't

As for hated music..

Glam rock, Bon Jovi (yes he deserves his own category), generically modified boy or girl bands pretty much any of the stupid songs that seem to find their way into the charts (that what the fox said song and the crazy frog song and so on)

Guilty pleasures..... Hah wouldn't you like to know.
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#36 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 16 Aug 2017 18:15

Reef wrote: 16 Aug 2017 11:23 I like so many different genre's of music it'd make your "80's esque" split ended hairs curl :lol:
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”