Garage doors

Axel Slingerland

Re: Garage doors

#21 Post by Axel Slingerland » 11 Nov 2017 19:05

GT182 wrote: 11 Nov 2017 17:29 I've never got into the files as I don't have an APP, as Windows says, to open them.
The .sii files are plain text files. All you need to open one is Notepad, which is included with every version of Windows you will find in use these days. The problem is that .sii files are not associated with it. Right click on an .sii file and you should see a button marked "Opens With". Click on it and set it to notepad.exe.

GT182 wrote: 11 Nov 2017 17:29 Better off I don't so I don't screw my ATS up and make a mess out of it.
Making a backup of any file you want to edit is always a good idea, even when you absolutely know what you're doing, because Windows can have a mind of it's own at times, and does not always do what is supposed to do...

Having said that, this is one section from the garage_door.sii file for one door:

{
model: "/prefab/garage/door_expensive.pmd"
animation: "/prefab/garage/door_exp.pma"
collision: "/prefab/garage/door_expensive.pmc"
trigger_distance: 18
sound_path: "/sound/gate.ogg"
}

If you want that sweet spot to be bigger, change trigger_distance: 18 to a higher number, if you want it smaller, use a lower number. Just remember, make a small change and test it, make a small change and test it, etc., until it's how you like it.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
TexasWhirlwind

#22 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 11 Nov 2017 21:52

I extracted the files from the base map and made a stand alone out of it. This way I can adjust the setting . I already have the smallest garage where the doors are closed with you inside. Next I will go to the bigger one..
-----------------------------

I have it working on all garages. Thanks for the tip. It works great..
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
Lexx

#23 Post by Lexx » 23 Dec 2017 22:46

Frontiersman wrote: 08 Nov 2017 17:08 There's a sweet spot in the large garage where you can, indeed, be inside with both doors shut.
There used to be one on GTS. I didn't know they kept it. When I saw it for the first time on GTS, I thought it was like magic (altough I don't believe in that). :lol:
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”