Volvo truck color

Padrino

Volvo truck color

#1 Post by Padrino » 01 Jul 2020 16:45

Hello, I have a question about a truck color seen in the UTAH cover.
Can anyone know how to reproduce the color from the attached picture? I really want to use it for my Volvo VNL.
[ external image ]
Khazain

Re: Volvo truck color

#2 Post by Khazain » 29 Nov 2020 10:57

The color you're looking for that most closely resembles that of the Utah cover would be the P3313 Gray color. It's one of the non-metallic colors that are available on all VNL models. The official Volvo color that's available on it's website (when using the "Build your VNL" virtual builder) would be Smoky Mountain Blue.
Sincerely,
Khazain

Member of the Euro Truck Simulator 2 community since March 22nd, 2018.
Member of the American Truck Simulator community since November 10th, 2019.

World of Trucks | Steam Profile | TruckersMP Profile | Twitter
Deranged_Maester

#3 Post by Deranged_Maester » 29 Nov 2020 12:03

@Padrino Note* I use graphics mods, and reshade so this may be a little off, but should get you close enough to fine tune it.

Color code: 224 26 34
[ external image ]
Deranged_Maester

#4 Post by Deranged_Maester » 29 Nov 2020 12:53

Ok, this will be quick and dirty as I'm trying to eat and get ready to leave all at the same time.

To get any color into the game you will need 2 tools:
  1. Paint.net (or any image editor that shows hex color codes)
  2. Save Game Editor
first, find an image off the net of the color you want (or make it in image editor), and open it in Paint.net. Using the color picker tool (looks like an eye dropper) pick an area of the paint that is NOT in direct light (you'll want to pick somewhere between light and shadow for the real color).

[ external image ]

In this image, I have a hex code of 414756 (highlighted in yellow).
Now open your save game with the editor (make sure backups is check marked), decrypt the save file, and click load.

[ external image ]

once loaded, click the +slot button and it will add a new empty paint array. Click the first empty square and a new paint window will open.

[ external image ]

Paste your hex code in here, click apply!!! (I forgot to mark it), and then click ok.

[ external image ]

It will fill the empty square with that color. Now click save and exit the editor. (at current time, it will give a warning about not being compatible with save file version 50.. ignore that for now as it works). DATE today: 11/29/2020
Now go into game:

[ external image ]

There ya go. Hope this helps someone, I'm off to the rat race.
Renshaw

#5 Post by Renshaw » 30 Nov 2020 04:03

Erm that seems like a lot of work. Doesn't the new paint thingy in the game right now let you input RGB or hex codes into it? I know you can at least see the values of the current color. Should be able to set it to the right values using that, even if you can't manually enter them. It'll just take a bit of fiddling around.
Deranged_Maester

#6 Post by Deranged_Maester » 30 Nov 2020 08:19

True enough, if you have the HSV values you could just plug them in. However, I live by the rule of "If it ain't broke" and after 100+ skins I'd say (in my best Tod Howard voice) it just works.

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”