SCS Software truck policy

VANSON

SCS Software truck policy

#1 Post by VANSON » 18 Jul 2020 11:42

Hi everyone.
My question is about the license of new trucks. Does anyone know why SCS Software prefers to add new brands to new Kenworth or Peterbilt trucks?
SCS Software have a very good relationship with PACCAR Inc. Many classic trucks were released by Peterbilt or Kenworth.

55sixxx

Re: SCS Software truck policy

#2 Post by 55sixxx » 18 Jul 2020 17:11

Why waste time adding trucks to brands that have two already in-game while others like Volvo, Mack, International have just one model and Freightliner or Western Star does not have a single one to represent them ??? That's the reason why SCS won't release more trucks from both Peterbilt and KW.

BJWyler

#3 Post by BJWyler » 19 Jul 2020 04:29

The brands that are already in the game are irrelevant. SCS has added and will continue to add whatever brands and models they are permitted to through their licensing agreements with the manufacturers. If the manufacturers don't give them license to add in older model trucks (because they rather have the latest model featured in the game), then SCS cannot add those older model trucks.

The Volvo VNL was created and ready to feature in the game prior to release in 2016. However, the licensing agreement wasn't finalized until last year, which is when we finally got the three VNL models. The same with the Cascadia right now. It's ready to go, but they can't release it until the agreement is finalized.

Wolfi
Beta tester

#4 Post by Wolfi » 19 Jul 2020 06:06

To my knowledge (which I admit, is fairly hollow) the only Long Haul truck currently made by Kenworth and/or Peterbilt that's not in the game is the W990. (and to be honest I'd much rather see all the other brands ingame first before this atrocity is introduced)
While many members of community would love that, SCS does not (and most likely never will) add classic trucks to the game. Simply because truck manufacturers don't want them. They only want to promote their "latest and greatest".

overfloater

#5 Post by overfloater » 19 Jul 2020 11:51

Only want to promote their "latest and greatest".
How did these guys sort out this issue?

Viper28

#6 Post by Viper28 » 19 Jul 2020 16:03

@55sixxx

Perhaps it's not accurate to assume that Freightliner and Western Star want to be included in the game. If a company doesn't want to be, by default that eventually leaves you with either releasing no new trucks, or negotiating to include other models (at the whim) produced by those brands presently in the game.
Now, I suspect that one or both of these manufacturers may show up eventually, if they don't; the reality is pretty clear. On to other manufacturers or revisiting those already on board. Frankly I'd love to see the T880 in the game.

55sixxx

#7 Post by 55sixxx » 19 Jul 2020 16:14

@Viper28 I'm assuming that because one SCS member got invited to Daimler's HQ in Portland, OR (Daimler owns both WS and Freightliner) to negotiate stuff and according to this member, that meant really positive things. And from what I've heard... Daimler is really interested in getting their trucks into ATS.

EDIT: I'll never say stuff here on the forum that are not true or that it's not based on facts. I might speculate about a certain topic of conversation, but i'll always include in the end of my reply that what i wrote is purely my own theory/speculation.

Here you'll see the source of what i wrote above: viewtopic.php?p=1309771#p1309771

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”