Time Scale

bobgrey1997

Time Scale

#1 Post by bobgrey1997 » 15 Aug 2017 06:17

I am working on a map mod that is 1:1 but a major issue with that is the time scale... At current, the time scale progresses about 1 minute every few seconds, but on a 1:1 map it will need to progress 1 minute every minute...
I have an idea for this:
Find the file that contains time progression data, alter the variables so that time progresses slower...
I have no idea what file this should be in...
I have checked game_data.sii, map_data.sii, traffic_data.sii, climate.sii, env.sii, and some of the "Climate" folder's sii files. I honestly may have over-looked something and missed it, but maybe someone already knows what file I should be looking at? If I can find the file and what numbers are related, I think I can figure out the rest...
bobgrey1997

Re: Time Scale

#2 Post by bobgrey1997 » 15 Aug 2017 07:02

Thank you for the reply.
I actually just found that right before I noticed this post had a reply...
I did not know if that was the correct way of changing time scale, so at least you confirmed that!
Also, those boxed are under "Map scale". To the right, there is "Editor" which has a "Time speed" box. I also changed it to "1" thinking that may be it... What is this "Time speed" variable and what does it do?
After setting all three boxes to "1" and running the map, I managed to completely kill the truck between 10:00 and 10:01, so I assume something happened right...
Max
SCS Software

#3 Post by Max » 16 Aug 2017 07:13

map scale is the most important thing indeed. it defines resulting distances in map. time is then set to same scale otherwise it will make nonsense.
i mean, you would like to travel 90 km if you are going 90 km/h for 1 hour, don't you? .. ;)
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#4 Post by Mohegan13 » 16 Aug 2017 07:25

Heck no. If 90=90 how the heck do I get to the moon in a reasonable time frame?
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
piva

#5 Post by piva » 16 Aug 2017 07:27

In this case I don't play Dalton Hwy map, I don't want 10 real hours drive from one side of map to another :lol:

Return to “Help center - player to player”