1.29 Questions

piva

Re: 1.29 Questions

#11 Post by piva » 09 Nov 2017 04:22

I want to say some words.
I was sure that update spawn procedure for new spawn system is not a hard for SCS, take old procedure, change input for spawn count, frequency, time and traffic lane - and you get new system. :lol:
Looks like SCS have not very good program code, if they decide rework spawn procedure, or maybe they have another goal ;)
So we must be patient and wait result.
But in my opinion g_traffic command must not change spawn count in anyway.
Some time, SCS will fix map and return harverster to traffic, and if I increase value of g_traffic, so I can get more than one harvester on the local road. This is 100% accident, because 2 havester do not fit on local road. This is just harvester example.
Sad that SCS not in this discussion.
piva

#13 Post by piva » 09 Nov 2017 05:22

In current setting for harvester - it cannot be spawned anywhere :lol:
This is spawn algorithm bug. SCS know it, so we wait for bug fix.
cip

#14 Post by cip » 09 Nov 2017 11:06

in now 4 hours of driving in ATS 1.29, I haven't seen any tractor or harvester :lol:
as for traffic density, after increasing frequency I succeeded to have reasonable traffic globally with g_traffic 1, both day (dense traffic) and night (less traffic), still on motorways I would expect a higher density, however I can't figure how to determinate different frequency by type of road...
Max wrote: 08 Nov 2017 20:11 g_trafic in config variable (much like option slider) and as such is independent on any data. these things typically work as multipliers, additions or similar modifiers to data although may not affect everything by same ratio.
Max thanks for your reply, the conclusion is that g_traffic increases randomly the traffic with no logic behind, with different ratio, therefore to achieve controlled realistic density it shouldn't be used, being rather a function for simple increase of traffic independently of other rules and conditions.
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
cip

#15 Post by cip » 09 Nov 2017 23:50

I have new conclusions on ATS traffic density:
ratio per type of vehicle (car, truck, bus) is only given actually by their count and frequency, while ratio and density per type of road is given also by vehicle count and frequency. to achieve this, cars and trucks were given 3 sub-names: low for local roads, high for freeway and divided roads (whatever that means) and cities. based on these we can achieve different density by type of road, daytime and also density in cities.
buses were given only 2 sub-names, low and high in large cities circulate "high" buses and in small cities "low" buses...
smart enough ;)
still don't get it how slow vehicles are spawned :lol: probably these need to be added in the desired road lane like local? as for adding new traffic packs it should be easy as far as they fall into one of the given type of vehicles.
in theory new traffic looks indeed very good, now let's see some results after wisely increasing the traffic density, especially the frequency...
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
SiSL
SCS Software

#16 Post by SiSL » 09 Nov 2017 23:52

@piva

Took this screen from a live twitch feed tonight after release and there were more than one in the screen at the time.

[ external image ]
piva

#17 Post by piva » 10 Nov 2017 04:55

@SiSL, I belive you without screenshoot, but I can't fix this bug, I wait for SCS will fix it.
In 1.17 (1.18) was problem with traffic spawn, when it appear anywhere but not near player, is was fixed in 1.21, so we must wait.
piva

#18 Post by piva » 12 Nov 2017 15:34

I found another one question.

Now I saw how traffic reduce speed at night and on rain too, try to fix ... but got warnings

Code: Select all

00:00:25.284 : <WARNING> Ignoring obsolete attribute 'ai_speed_coef_rain' of unit '.traffic.data' (of type 'traffic_data').
00:00:25.284 : <WARNING> Ignoring obsolete attribute 'ai_speed_coef_night' of unit '.traffic.data' (of type 'traffic_data').
What parameters are responsible for changing the speed now?
Maybe mjack, can explain, what changed else in new traffic system.
mjack
SCS Software

#19 Post by mjack » 29 Nov 2017 09:10

Here are new parameters with current default values:

Code: Select all

ai_speed_coef_sunlight(0.9f, 1.0f)
ai_speed_coef_wetness(0.75f, 0.95f)
ai_speed_coef_fog(0.65f, 0.85f)
The coefficients modify vehicle speed (low values are for vehicles with safety_factor 1.0 and high for safety_factor 0.0) if the given 'weather condition' is at its 'worst' value (e.g. if ai_speed_coef_sunlight for 'total dark')

Note that none of these parameters are officially supported
piva

#20 Post by piva » 29 Nov 2017 09:17

Thanks, just another one question, how to do that AI traffic turn on low beam lights at lamps_on_elevation value set, or when sun elevation is stay less than zero? Now I see how AI traffic turn lights when sun elevation near -5 or maybe my environment lighting is very bright?

Return to “Help center - player to player”