1.39 exp.beta crash because of train cars?

Renat bin Rashid

Re: 1.39 exp.beta crash because of train cars?

#71 Post by Renat bin Rashid » 24 Mar 2021 09:26

@azumukupoe delete all mods from renenate. this guy doesn't know what he's doing when he stuffs half of the game files into one truck mod
azumukupoe

#72 Post by azumukupoe » 24 Mar 2021 10:19

@Renat bin Rashid
Am I supposed to know this guy? I don't use any of his mods afaik
I'm quite sure the issue was related to pete379jp's [Abanadoned] trailer mods which I've now given up on using
Madkine
Global moderator

#73 Post by Madkine » 24 Mar 2021 11:05

Any mod with abandoned in the name really shouldn't be used.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Renat bin Rashid

#74 Post by Renat bin Rashid » 24 Mar 2021 11:56

@azumukupoe in general it is very strange that someone puts in their mods not about trains, files leading to trains, I would like to know the name of this guy, so that I stay away from his work.
azumukupoe

#75 Post by azumukupoe » 24 Mar 2021 12:25

@Madkine
I can use what I want as long as it works
I mean what's the point of a patch if it doesn't let you use outdated mods in later ETS2/ATS versions
Now that it doesn't work, I won't use it

@Renat bin Rashid
very strange that someone puts in their mods not about trains, files leading to trains
I just guessed it modified train cargoes as well
I would like to know the name of this guy
No offense, but I was able to find more posts that mention pete379jp than renenate on this forum
He's been in the trucksim modding scene for quite a while
Be sure to check his website here
Renat bin Rashid

#76 Post by Renat bin Rashid » 24 Mar 2021 12:46

@azumukupoe you can always make sure that it is this mod that leads to a problem, in only one way: create a new test profile in the game and connect the only mod that is under suspicion. start the game in the city or region where you crashed the game, complete at least a couple of trips. if the game does not break, then this mod is out of suspicion.

azumukupoe wrote
No offense, but I was able to find more posts that mention pete379jp than renenate on this forum

probably because the modder pete379jp has a much cleaner reputation than that second one.

but I would still like to download the mod you indicated and see what is written in its files. the point is that the trains have no cargo, they are just models of train trailers. they cannot be used for mods with trailers and cargo packs in any way, especially their lods. Lods of wagons are usually placed parked on the tracks of railway stations on maps
PBandJ

#77 Post by PBandJ » 24 Mar 2021 13:22

@azumukupoe It is not the responsibility of SCS to keep their game compliant with your mods. It is the responsibility of the modder to keep their mod up to date with the SCS game. There are hundreds if not thousands of different mods out there, some well done, some not. It would be next to impossible to SCS to support them all. They do give out information so that modders can make their mods work well with the SCS game. When you start your game up with mods in it, SCS displays a message that you are running mods that are not supported and may cause issues with your game. Your game.log.txt file usually gives you information on mods you maybe using that have issues. Some minor, some not. Always a good place to look first. I have had good luck with searching the forums here for the same error message and finding a fix for them, or finding that they are no longer supported and need to remove them. Loads of information in these forums to help players, you can either use it or not that is your choice, but don't complain about the game when you choose to ignore help.....:)
azumukupoe

#78 Post by azumukupoe » 24 Mar 2021 13:48

@Renat bin Rashid
Never mind, DNA Transport updated Ownable SCS Fuel Tanker for 1.39 on Facebook and I didn't notice it
I was wrongly accusing pete379jp so I apologize

@PBandJ
There seems to have been a misunderstanding...
I never intended to complain about SCS's work here
I was only asking Hatreyu to help me with his patch in the first place

Return to “Help center - player to player”