Glass always reflective

KINGPINN

Glass always reflective

#1 Post by KINGPINN » 01 Mar 2021 14:01

Hi all,

I've encountered an issue which is more than likely self inflicted, and I am not sure how to resolve.

I have edited some interior glass on a truck and for some reason, no matter what I set the mateial values to, the glass always has a reflection.

I thought initially that the material file I was editing was the incorrect one or that the glass model I was trying to edit was wrong, so I removed the glass model from the interior model and the glass disapeared from the truck in the game. I then created a new tobj file with a specific name so I know I was editing the correct one, and still nothing changes within the game.

Has anyone else experienced this? or know of what I might have done to cause this issue?
paulieGTR

Re: Glass always reflective

#2 Post by paulieGTR » 21 Mar 2021 14:37

Is the glass reflections and glass, not seperate files.
ie.You have basic 'glass' texture - then a seperate texture is overlayed or additive.

I seem to remember coming across a seperate env or 'environment' file, or 'glass reflections' - something along those lines.
...and I'm sure I was able to remove the generic reflection that appears on the windows when going through a tunnel.

I'm sorry, I just can't quite remember offhand where it was... possibly in the shared folder.

It's possible that the 'cubemap' and the 'env' file is one and the same, been so long.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat

Return to “Help center - player to player”