PC or Xbox series X and accessories?

Loveoldtrux

PC or Xbox series X and accessories?

#1 Post by Loveoldtrux » 16 Mar 2021 14:57

Hello all,
Newbie here (uh oh....I see eyeballs rolling up....). Retired; used to drive cross country - drove over 100,000 miles with no late pickups or deliveries my first year with no accidents in 1990 / 91, so I know the roads from Florida to Vermont and Georgia to Washington. American Trucking Association has been most kind to me!

Would like to get “back in the saddle” again and have seen some beautiful video clips from SCS that makes my right hand quiver for my 13 speed cab over. I have a dedicated gaming room in mind to set up for this last trip /s on the road. Enough about me (yawn...) —- need some suggestions / ideas that work properly.

Interested in the full saddle - seat, shifter, pedals etc
Am I correct in assuming Xbox -X software is not enough to allow customization?
Really miss my heated remote controlled mirrors....
Looks like there are DLC’s that allow interior accessories and truck customizations - GOTTA have that!
Would like to get that leather covered 13 speed in my grip again but need to make it an automatic for when my son comes over
My gaming room for this is 12’ X 10’ with 2 Truth speakers and an 800W subwoofer....I guess that’d allow the Jake brake to rumble down those long mountain passes in Tennessee?
Have seen some frames with seat, pedals, shifter, dash lights etc....which are the most comfortable for my 10 hour trips?

Thanks for your feedback,
Loveoldtrux
joschac2

Re: PC or Xbox series X and accessories?

#2 Post by joschac2 » 19 Mar 2021 13:12

Uhh, what are you asking? what computer to play on.

ATS is only on Pc
paulieGTR

#3 Post by paulieGTR » 21 Mar 2021 10:41

Loveoldtrux wrote: 16 Mar 2021 14:57snip...

Interested in the full saddle - seat, shifter, pedals etc
Am I correct in assuming Xbox -X software is not enough to allow customization?

Looks like there are DLC’s that allow interior accessories and truck customizations - GOTTA have that!
Would like to get that leather covered 13 speed in my grip again but need to make it an automatic for when my son comes over
My gaming room for this is 12’ X 10’ with 2 Truth speakers and an 800W subwoofer....I guess that’d allow the Jake brake to rumble down those long mountain passes in Tennessee?
Have seen some frames with seat, pedals, shifter, dash lights etc....which are the most comfortable for my 10 hour trips?
If you are asking if ATS/ETS2 are available on consoles, then the answer is no, not yet.
If you're asking will your xbox sim gear work with PC, then possibly but it depends on what sim gear you have.

Some xbox wheels and pedals work with PC, but you have to check the manufacturers website, look at the specs on their relative boxes, or ask us here.
There is software that can emulate xbox peripherals to work with PC... but you risk loss in performance and other prob's because what it's doing,
is actually hacking the System.

Pls do not confuse the xbox truck simulator, iirc by microsoft, as the same truck simulators by 'SCS software'.
They are completely different and SCS kills them in every single solitary aspect.

ps. not trying to come across as, anti-console or elitist in any way, shape or form - it's just the absolute truth of the matter.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
Loveoldtrux

#4 Post by Loveoldtrux » 04 Apr 2021 20:22

PaulieGTR; Interested in the PC software as it seems it is more customizable than what's available for xbox.

Not interested in using anything related to ps4 / 5, xbox or nintendo with the SCS software

My last question, again, was "Have seen some frames with seat, pedals, shifter, dash lights etc....which are the most comfortable for my 10 hour trips?" I've seen complete setups at around $800.00 that look nice but didn't know what others are using out there in the world.

Return to “Help center - player to player”