ATS Custom Keyboards or Coverslip?!?

Mommys Lil Annabel

ATS Custom Keyboards or Coverslip?!?

#1 Post by Mommys Lil Annabel » 20 Apr 2021 16:17

Hello, this was kind of an odd question I know. But I was just curious if anyone knows of a custom keyboard or silicone keyboard cover that can be purchased that has the shortcuts written on the keys and their functions for the keyboard? I know it's an odd question but I just thought it might quick and easier access since I'm still trying to memorize all the short pets. Wanting to set up a driving stand with a keyboard mount with a dedicated keyboard for ATS. I'm also planning to get a button box, but certain features would be easier to access via keyboard shortcut I'm sure. Like the changing of wiper speeds or different types of horns.
GinXeng

Re: ATS Custom Keyboards or Coverslip?!?

#2 Post by GinXeng » 22 Apr 2021 00:44

Best thing I can think of is a label maker?
bobgrey1997

#3 Post by bobgrey1997 » 22 Apr 2021 00:48

This sounds like something you will never find simply sold on the market, but rather something you could likely have custom-made. I have never heard of a "keyboard cover" (I don't even know how one would physically work), but if such a thing does exist, there are probably companies that specialize in custom orders.

After a bit of searching, I came across this site that is actually somewhat fun to mess with:
https://keyshorts.com/products/custom-k ... rs-builder.
Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, and it can get quite expensive, but it does seem to show that this is indeed something you can likely do via custom orders.
Bandit & The Snowman

#4 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 28 Jul 2021 13:35

Even if it’s an older thread… When I was young (C64 era in the 1980s), we used to write or print stuff on white or colored paper and tape it to the key caps with transparent office tape. Pretty low-tech and thus cheap, and will last long enough for you to learn the keys.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#5 Post by Wolfi » 28 Jul 2021 13:45

The thing that gets closest to what you need is any Razer Chroma series keyboard or an ASUS aura one (though I don't really have experience with ASUS).
The backlight on those keyboards lights up all useable buttons, with different colors for a few of the functions. Not 100% perfect solution, but it should at least show you which buttons are useable and which functions are actively turned on.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Mommys Lil Annabel

#6 Post by Mommys Lil Annabel » 02 Aug 2021 13:39

Wolfi wrote: 28 Jul 2021 13:45 The thing that gets closest to what you need is any Razer Chroma series keyboard or an ASUS aura one (though I don't really have experience with ASUS).
The backlight on those keyboards lights up all useable buttons, with different colors for a few of the functions. Not 100% perfect solution, but it should at least show you which buttons are useable and which functions are actively turned on.
I love razer keyboards and currently have a Razer Ornata V2.

Return to “Help center - player to player”