Indicator lever for G29

luibee

Indicator lever for G29

#1 Post by luibee » 18 May 2021 04:07

Hi truckies,

I really want to have an indicator lever for my G29 wheels. Is it possible?

I found this item listed on Alibaba
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000262118535.html

I wonder if it works and is it easy to set it up. It is $130++

Anyone experiences this or do you guys have better ideas?

Thanks and happy trucking.
Attachments
screenshot_1621310807.png
GoingDutch

Re: Indicator lever for G29

#2 Post by GoingDutch » 20 May 2021 18:35

Interesting! I am looking at this one too right now. Also like to know about experiences from other players
luibee

#3 Post by luibee » 21 May 2021 01:58

I am affraid to be able to use it, we have to remove the Left/Right shoulder buttons which I do not want.
screenshot_1621310807.png
I instead looking for another solution like this photo below. I have ordered this one, 1/5 price, waiting for it to come. but I think it'd be a little too far from the wheel,
screenshot_1621562216.png
Kiwimike7

#4 Post by Kiwimike7 » 21 May 2021 08:58

There's one on this site, which I purchased and use, a little expensive but very quick to arrive and well made. It sticks to the top of the housing::

https://pphalmar.pl/
Mike (Kiwmike7)

[ external image ]
zippe

#5 Post by zippe » 21 May 2021 16:42

I have the G27 and have solved the "problem" with blinkers etc. in this way :)
I bought a cheap turn signal arm from a car (~15€)and screwed this onto my steering wheel with a small metal box,if you place it correctly you can also use the automatic turn signal switch-off that is available in every car / truck
the small white pin is spring-loaded and is activated by the G27 with the part where the rocker switches were mounted before, when you turn it back and the indicator switches off like in a real vehicle
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

I connected the pins from the turn signal lever to a RBT DIY ENCODER for DIY arcade game controllers for (~ 10 €) and programmed them with SV Mapper
So I can use all buttons on the signal arm..........turn signal,high beam,Headlight flasher,the cruise control buttons can be used as you like, for the retarder, lights on, windshield wipers, etc.
if you then wrap the cables nicely and put the DIY ENCODER in a box, it looks nicer than on my pictures :lol:

Well, not a professional solution, and I don't know if it works the same with the G29, but maybe it will help you or anyone else who reads it :)
luibee

#6 Post by luibee » 22 May 2021 03:07

Incredible. I love the result - especially the auto switch-off. The signal arm looks gorgeous too.

Sadly, I am not a DIY person, do not know anything about wire and stuff.... But your work is very inspiring. thank you.

ps: the G29 has 2 shoulder buttons, Im not sure I have to remove them or not.
luibee

#7 Post by luibee » 27 May 2021 02:14

zippe wrote: 21 May 2021 16:42 I have the G27 and have solved the "problem" with blinkers etc. in this way :)
I bought a cheap turn signal arm from a car (~15€)and screwed this onto my steering wheel with a small metal box,if you place it correctly you can also use the automatic turn signal switch-off that is available in every car / truck
the small white pin is spring-loaded and is activated by the G27 with the part where the rocker switches were mounted before, when you turn it back and the indicator switches off like in a real vehicle

I connected the pins from the turn signal lever to a RBT DIY ENCODER for DIY arcade game controllers for (~ 10 €) and programmed them with SV Mapper
So I can use all buttons on the signal arm..........turn signal,high beam,Headlight flasher,the cruise control buttons can be used as you like, for the retarder, lights on, windshield wipers, etc.
if you then wrap the cables nicely and put the DIY ENCODER in a box, it looks nicer than on my pictures :lol:

Well, not a professional solution, and I don't know if it works the same with the G29, but maybe it will help you or anyone else who reads it :)
The arm looks gorgeous. Could you tell me what the name of it is? I google but found nothing similar. Thank you
Last edited by supersobes on 27 May 2021 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed images from quote [Forum rule 2.13]
zippe

#8 Post by zippe » 27 May 2021 04:29

https://www.amazon.de/ATEC-1X-Blinkersc ... m_rp_1_sbo

It is this turn signal lever, it is / was used in vehicles of the Opel brand, the metal box in which I installed the lever I already had at home, unfortunately I don't have a link
Depending on which box you use, you have to edit the turn signal lever so that it fits in (adapt connection contacts, possibly adapt the housing of the lever ......)
You might find another way to attach it to the G29, even without a metal box :)
Mikeinva

#9 Post by Mikeinva » 30 May 2021 13:48

What's wrong with just mapping the indicators to the square and circle buttons? That's how my indicators are mapped in both ATS and ETS2 using the G29 wheel.
SimulatorSam

#10 Post by SimulatorSam » 30 May 2021 13:52

When you turn the wheel the buttons won't be in the same place anymore. I use L3 and R3 for blinkers, but it would be great to have proper stalks.

Return to “Help center - player to player”