Have a small issue making a skin

DigitalFrost

Have a small issue making a skin

#1 Post by DigitalFrost » 15 Jun 2021 03:06

So I tried posting this in the skin section an got yelled at lol Maybe someone here can help me. I'm trying to make a custom skin which I've done before with no issues. Oddly though I'm having issues now. Every time I load it in game the images kind of mirror I can show you better than I can explain it... lol

[ external image ]

Those images in the red box do not show up in paint.net on the template like that. I've spent the last 4-5 hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using paint.net an the newest beta client if that makes any difference.
Underscore_101_

Re: Have a small issue making a skin

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 15 Jun 2021 07:52

At first glance it looks like you didn't use the accessory file, tbh i'm not that familiar with all ATS truck models, but if that's the Cascadia, it needs an accessory file to give the sideskirt it's own colour, or design, otherwise it will just take the main paint job which will give you the result from your image.

accessory file goes here:
def\vehicle\truck\brand.model\paint_job\accessory (tmk only the lonestar, cascadia and the anthem use that, older trucks don't)
you will also need to assign it it's own .dds file, this can be a 4x4 black .dds in this case from the looks of it, and of course that needs it's own .tobj.

If you don't have an accessory file you need to extract the truck dlc with scs extractor
truck dlc can be found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator
scs_extractor can be found here:
https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... _Extractor

Or find a paint job that has it and copy it :-)
If you use(d) Mods Studio then idk how to do it :-)

If you want to give those parts it's own design you need templates for them, this is a good template pack by Carsmaniac:
viewtopic.php?f=199&t=288778
DigitalFrost

#3 Post by DigitalFrost » 15 Jun 2021 08:36

Underscore_101_ wrote: 15 Jun 2021 07:52 At first glance it looks like you didn't use the accessory file, tbh i'm not that familiar with all ATS truck models, but if that's the Cascadia, it needs an accessory file to give the sideskirt it's own colour, or design, otherwise it will just take the main paint job which will give you the result from your image.

accessory file goes here:
def\vehicle\truck\brand.model\paint_job\accessory (tmk only the lonestar, cascadia and the anthem use that, older trucks don't)
you will also need to assign it it's own .dds file, this can be a 4x4 black .dds in this case from the looks of it, and of course that needs it's own .tobj.

If you don't have an accessory file you need to extract the truck dlc with scs extractor
truck dlc can be found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator
scs_extractor can be found here:
https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... _Extractor

Or find a paint job that has it and copy it :-)
If you use(d) Mods Studio then idk how to do it :-)

If you want to give those parts it's own design you need templates for them, this is a good template pack by Carsmaniac:
viewtopic.php?f=199&t=288778
Awesome info, yeah I didn't even think of the accessory being needed. I'm use to doing the older trucks an never had to do that before. I'll give it a shot tomorrow an see how it works out. Thanks for the reply
DigitalFrost

#4 Post by DigitalFrost » 15 Jun 2021 16:54

Just in case anyone was wondering... the Accessory's was exactly the issue. I might post the skin once I have it completely the way I want it :)

Return to “Help center - player to player”