[SOLVED]Map Editor: All roads are gone

BigRdPoolPlaya

[SOLVED]Map Editor: All roads are gone

#1 Post by BigRdPoolPlaya » 24 Jul 2021 00:18

Been working on a map for about 2 weeks and haven't had any issues until today. I updated some custom signs like I have done in the past, but now when I open the editor, all I get is a black screen. I can hit page up and see all my sectors and my background map, but there isn't any of the roads that I built visible at all. I also cannot create new roads, any time I do, they are invisible. By hovering over the background map, I can see the assets that are "there" like road types, buildings, signs ect, but can't physically see them. I can even hit play map within the editor and it plays just fine and all the roads are there. What did I mess up??
Last edited by BigRdPoolPlaya on 01 Aug 2021 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
BigRdPoolPlaya

Re: Map Editor: All roads are gone

#2 Post by BigRdPoolPlaya » 24 Jul 2021 06:55

Pressed A several times and it at least brought all the previous roads I created back. But now, everything is blurry and fuzzy.

EDIT: It's like that when editing the base usa map as well, blurry. Also by hitting C, I can view down ground level and move forward along the roads by using wasd. Yes, I know, scroll button on the mouse will slow it down or speed it up, well, there is only ultra fast no matter which way the scroll wheel goes.

[ external image ]
Last edited by BigRdPoolPlaya on 24 Jul 2021 07:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reinhard

#3 Post by Reinhard » 24 Jul 2021 09:01

Open the console and type "g_flyspeed "1". That should fix the camera.
BigRdPoolPlaya

#4 Post by BigRdPoolPlaya » 24 Jul 2021 09:37

@Reinhard

Thanks, got that fixed. Now just the graphic issues that make it so hard to edit.
Reinhard

#5 Post by Reinhard » 24 Jul 2021 10:54

Blur? Sharp as ever.

If you mind the brightness: open the weather editor, click into the main window, and while pressing the mouse button, slide the vertical bar until you are satisfied.
BigRdPoolPlaya

#6 Post by BigRdPoolPlaya » 24 Jul 2021 23:37

@Reinhard

That actually didn't do anything significant. Usually the graphics of the map editor are set to the lowest end when you select play map. But while in the editor, the graphics are usually pretty sharp, but now it looks like low end graphics.
Reinhard

#7 Post by Reinhard » 25 Jul 2021 07:14

I guess you mean "Map->Run map"? Well, I never use that, I call the game and the editor with different shortcuts.

"Run map" was abandoned for some game versions, since Dx11 came. Maybe it is still not in a usable state, no idea. I was surprised to see it works at all, when I just tried.
BigRdPoolPlaya wrote: 24 Jul 2021 23:37 That actually didn't do anything significant.
I can only say it works well for me, and always has. Everything is sharp and crisp, like it always was.

Return to “Help center - player to player”