Lost engine brake noise in cab

Skinny

Lost engine brake noise in cab

#1 Post by Skinny » 17 Sep 2021 12:22

Hi all,

Only had the game a few days, got a few mods through steam workshop including the drive safely soundfix pack (that's the only sound mod active).

Anyway, I have lost my air brake noise. When I release the pedal I just get a strange click noise, or a double click. Sounds like I'm selecting something off the menu!! I have tried disabling the mod, trying other mods like the zeemod, nothing changes.

I thought it was just the Mack truck but I bought a Peterbilt and it's the same.

Is there anything I can check?
If I delete and reinstall the game will I lose all my progress so far?
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Lost engine brake noise in cab

#2 Post by Madkine » 17 Sep 2021 23:50

Deleting and re-installing won't lose your progress. It's also extremely unlikely to fix your issue.
Have you tried creating a new profile and seeing if the issue is there?
If the issue isn't on a new profile, then it's caused by one of your mods.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
BeastyBill88

#3 Post by BeastyBill88 » 18 Sep 2021 00:09

Have you tried deactivating (or uninstalling) the mod and then try buying a new truck to see if the sound is working again? I had a similar problem back in the early days of ATS where using an engine sound mod and then removing it broke the actual engine sounds on all the vanilla trucks I had in my fleet instead of reverting the sounds back to the vanilla ones, I had to sell them all and rebuy them to fix the problem.
Skinny

#4 Post by Skinny » 18 Sep 2021 21:51

Thanks guys, yeah I removed the mods, and then checked file validity etc.

Then mucking about with my rig, I figured out the clicking issue, and also that I'm an idiot!! My brake pedal (T-LCM) has a stack of washers as a spacer, when coming off the brakes, they would get stuck to piece above and then drop down and that's the click I was hearing!! 🙈

I still can't get any mod to give me a nice air brake noise, so I've just adjusted the relative volume sliders to give me more truck effects.
And removed the washers to get rid of the click 😆

Return to “Help center - player to player”