Help with in game (yes seriously) website popup

Rammstein0963

Help with in game (yes seriously) website popup

#1 Post by Rammstein0963 » 23 Jun 2021 01:51

Hello all, long time player but new to the forum, I have a question hopefully someone can help me with.

I recently downloaded a mod by someone known as Overfloater from ATSMods.com for a Kenworth K-100 Tractor, and while the mod seems to perform great and looks awesome there's one small snag.

After about 3 minutes of in game play a literal ADVERTISEMENT for the website pops up in cab view saying thanks for downloading and to visit again for more, and no matter how long I wait it never seems to go away, so far only saving and reloading seems to work, but even then it comes back a few minutes later.

Anyone know what in the world this is and how I can possibly stop it? getting kind of annoying tbh, thanks.

GinXeng

Re: Help with in game (yes seriously) website popup

#2 Post by GinXeng » 23 Jun 2021 06:38

Remove the mod immediately and run a malware scan on your computer. If you want Overfloaters k100, get it directly from the Steam work shop. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext=
"I don't always go the extra mile, but when I do its because I missed my exit"

Madkine
Global moderator

#3 Post by Madkine » 23 Jun 2021 07:48

Don't download stolen mods. As per Ginxeng's post get it from the steam workshop of Overfloaters thread on these forums.

Rammstein0963

#4 Post by Rammstein0963 » 24 Jun 2021 03:17

Many thanks, no problems seen so far, didnt know it was stolen tho...will correct immediately, many thanks :)

Return to “Technical Problems”