1.41 Crashes

OTR_Truckin

1.41 Crashes

#1 Post by OTR_Truckin » 13 Jul 2021 16:46

Hello all, When I click play to go into the game and the game loads. I then click "Drive" and the game crashes from there. I did remove all my mods from my mod manager. Then I reload and it tells me there are things missing ,which I know cause I just removed my mods, and click drive again it still crashes. If I don't click "drive" and go into cargo market it does allow me to choose a job, but If I click drive it crashes. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You
JohnM450

Re: 1.41 Crashes

#2 Post by JohnM450 » 13 Jul 2021 17:13

Hi, I have about the same problem. Since I updated my game from 1.40 to 1.41 I keep crashing in the launchpad, so I can't connect at all to my savegame. My game opens just fine and when I try to move my cursor on the launchpad window. My cursor freezes and I crash. Going back to 1.40 until this is done. It is really unfortunate cause I played a bit on the experimental beta and I liked it. (I have removed all my mods from my mod manager and my steam workshop mods are deactivated and removed from my mod manager)

Edit; I have no issues still if I go back to my profile on 1.40... And I tried to remove my profile from my files and create a new one. It worked!... For 2 minutes, when I went back to the launchpad with this new profile, my game crashed. I am out of idea. I don't believe the mods are crashing the game cause I have none and any profiles on 1.41 makes my game crash anyway.
Last edited by JohnM450 on 13 Jul 2021 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
OTR_Truckin

#3 Post by OTR_Truckin » 13 Jul 2021 20:03

JohnM450 wrote: 13 Jul 2021 17:13 Hi, I have about the same problem. Since I updated my game from 1.40 to 1.41 I keep crashing in the launchpad, so I can't connect at all to my savegame. My game opens just fine and when I try to move my cursor on the launchpad window. My cursor freezes and I crash. Going back to 1.40 until this is done. It is really unfortunate cause I played a bit on the experimental beta and I liked it. (I have removed all my mods from my mod manager and my steam workshop mods are deactivated and removed from my mod manager)

Edit; I have no issues still if I go back to my profile on 1.40... And I tried to remove my profile from my files and create a new one. It worked!... For 2 minutes, when I went back to the launchpad with this new profile, my game crashed. I am out of idea. I don't believe the mods are crashing the game cause I have none and any profiles on 1.41 makes my game crash anyway.
I remembered I was using a moded truck after I removed all my mods from my mod manager. So, I purchased a new truck and put my moded truck in the garage now Im not having no issues. Game does load and plays as it should. Try that. If your driving a moded truck, put it in the garage and purchase a new truck. That worked for me.

*DOWNSIDE* is gotta have a plain boring truck till mods are updated!
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 14 Jul 2021 08:31

@JohnM450

After a crash, post your game.log.txt to pastebin.com (no account needed) and then post the link here and we'll have a look for you.
The file can be found at "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\American Truck Simulator" for a default install.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
JohnM450

#5 Post by JohnM450 » 14 Jul 2021 18:30

OTR_Truckin wrote: 13 Jul 2021 20:03
JohnM450 wrote: 13 Jul 2021 17:13 Hi, I have about the same problem. Since I updated my game from 1.40 to 1.41 I keep crashing in the launchpad, so I can't connect at all to my savegame. My game opens just fine and when I try to move my cursor on the launchpad window. My cursor freezes and I crash. Going back to 1.40 until this is done. It is really unfortunate cause I played a bit on the experimental beta and I liked it. (I have removed all my mods from my mod manager and my steam workshop mods are deactivated and removed from my mod manager)

I remembered I was using a moded truck after I removed all my mods from my mod manager. So, I purchased a new truck and put my moded truck in the garage now Im not having no issues. Game does load and plays as it should. Try that. If your driving a moded truck, put it in the garage and purchase a new truck. That worked for me.

*DOWNSIDE* is gotta have a plain boring truck till mods are updated!
I played with only few mods like real companies, billboards and brands, real construction props and environment mods and used promods too. I only use SCS vanilla trucks
Last edited by JohnM450 on 14 Jul 2021 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
JohnM450

#6 Post by JohnM450 » 14 Jul 2021 18:43

Madkine wrote: 14 Jul 2021 08:31 @JohnM450

After a crash, post your game.log.txt to pastebin.com (no account needed) and then post the link here and we'll have a look for you.
The file can be found at "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\American Truck Simulator" for a default install.
Here it is : https://pastebin.com/xsutcajC
Madkine
Global moderator

#7 Post by Madkine » 14 Jul 2021 22:22

Based on the log I'd say this plug in is causing the issue:

[ts-fmod-plugin]
'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/American Truck Simulator/bin/win_x64/plugins/ts-fmod-plugin.dll'

It either needs updating to a 1.41 version or to be removed.

There's also a possibility that it's this one:

'trucksbook_64' 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/American Truck Simulator/bin/win_x64/plugins/trucksbook_64.dll'
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

JohnM450

#8 Post by JohnM450 » 15 Jul 2021 05:22

Madkine wrote: 14 Jul 2021 22:22 Based on the log I'd say this plug in is causing the issue:

[ts-fmod-plugin]
'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/American Truck Simulator/bin/win_x64/plugins/ts-fmod-plugin.dll'

'trucksbook_64' 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/American Truck Simulator/bin/win_x64/plugins/trucksbook_64.dll'
Nice! That is exactly what was making my game crash (the ts-fmod). I was using that on 1.40 for my engine sound but that can wait, I can play on 1.41 now and that's what matters to me. Oh and thanks by the way
AmericanTrucker

#9 Post by AmericanTrucker » 01 Aug 2021 17:57

Madkine wrote: 14 Jul 2021 22:22 Based on the log I'd say this plug in is causing the issue:

[ts-fmod-plugin]

Where can I get the updated version for 1.41?
Madkine
Global moderator

#10 Post by Madkine » 01 Aug 2021 22:26

Presumably where ever you first got it from. (Assuming that one exists.)
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Return to “Technical Problems”