(Resolved) Stuck on SCS logo

xDope

(Resolved) Stuck on SCS logo

#1 Post by xDope » 15 Dec 2017 01:36

When ever I select to run my game the screen gets stuck on the SCS logo while the audio continues as if it is loading in the background. I reinstalled the game, removed the documents folder and the issue is still occurring. I clicked launch game in safe mode and yet again, the issue is there. It is only happening in ATS. Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

Edit: Fixed the issue by disabling instant replay from Geforce Experience. Any reason as to why its working fine for ETS2 but not ATS? Not a major issue for me though since I don't really use that feature but i'm curious.
Last edited by xDope on 17 Dec 2017 03:29, edited 1 time in total.
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
Deranged_Maester

Re: Stuck on SCS logo

#2 Post by Deranged_Maester » 15 Dec 2017 01:40

try using the -nointro switch and see if it helps.
In steam, right click ATS > select properties > select launch options > type (without quotes) "-nointro" > apply and launch.
xDope

#3 Post by xDope » 15 Dec 2017 02:09

Freezes on a black screen with the music still playing.
Deranged_Maester

#4 Post by Deranged_Maester » 15 Dec 2017 17:36

When you reinstalled the game did you reinstall to another directory? Or did you check the drive for left over files and reboot before re-installing the game? Maybe there is an orphaned file that's causing it?
xDope

#5 Post by xDope » 15 Dec 2017 17:42

Installed to the same drive but made sure there were no remaining files. I'll try restarting pc before reinstalling to see if that makes a difference; I might just install it to another drive also.

Edit: Installing to another drive does not resolve the issue.
Deranged_Maester

#6 Post by Deranged_Maester » 15 Dec 2017 18:23

only other things I can think of are checking the video drivers to make sure they are the newest and not corrupted, or if you are using multi monitor switch to single.

Other then that I'm all out of ideas, sorry I couldn't be more help. Hopefully someone else will jump in and have a better idea.
xDope

#7 Post by xDope » 15 Dec 2017 18:29

Its odd that its only happening to ATS and not ETS2 or other games. Doubt its a driver issue. The only mod I did use before the game has gone bad was a plugin mod: (viewtopic.php?f=202&t=248870) but a fresh install should have fixed the issue unless there are some hidden files. Thanks for your help though, it was appreciated!
GT182

#8 Post by GT182 » 16 Dec 2017 19:07

Just a thought xD as I've had the same problem with other games.

Did you uninstall it by using the Control Panel and Uninstall or change program, and then restart your computer? Which I'm sure you did. Then check your Documents folder for anything left over having to due with ATS. Some times there are pieces left from the Uninstall that you can remove by just deleting them and the ATS folder itself. Same goes for Program files, but after searching thru mine I don't see ATS anywhere, not even in Steam's files.

I wonder if it could possibly be an issue with Steam.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
xDope

#9 Post by xDope » 16 Dec 2017 23:50

Uninstalled it through Steam before. I tried your method through control panel and it made no difference.

Edit: Fixed the issue by disabling instant replay from Geforce Experience. Any reason as to why its working fine for ETS2 but not ATS? Not a major issue for me though since I don't really use that feature but i'm curious.
GT182

#10 Post by GT182 » 17 Dec 2017 04:34

xDope wrote: 16 Dec 2017 23:50
Never seen "instant replay from Geforce Experience". I just checked on NVidia website for Geforce Experience. It's a download, fairly new I think, but not something I have... and don't think I want it seeing it caused problems for you with your ATS.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Return to “Technical Problems”