Before reporting technical problems, please refer to these points:
- Post your computer specifications:
- OS, (Windows XP, 7, 8, etc..)
- Other computer specifications. (Processor, graphics card, etc..)
- The game also creates Log files which include details about crashes or errors. These files are under ATS My Documents folder and are named "game.log.txt" and "game.crash.txt".
- NOTE: If the log is very lenghty, then please use http://www.pastebin.com to show us the logs. Simply paste the log into the box, click Submit and in the bug report, include the pastebin link, which will appear on the address bar. Example: http://pastebin.com/7xCdV4Pq
- If your graphics settings are custom, post a screenshot of them in-game. If not, tell us what level they are on (Low/Medium/High/Ultra)
- If you spot a problem in-game, make sure you get as accurate location of it as possible:
- Using coordinates (SHIFT+F11 - saves as a screenshot and a 'bugs.txt' file in My Documents/American Truck Simulator -
The numbers in 'bugs.txt', with the text you entered, are called coordinates which are at the position you took the picture in.)
- (!) Nearest city or cities + detailed screenshot (Screenshot of the location in-game with a Route Advisor location)
- (!) Give as accurate description as you can to how it happened
- Any smaller details you leave out could mean that the problem can't be reproduced
- If you've used ANY mods, post the names and possibly a link to it.
- When you have a problem with savegames and use a lot of mods then you might lose that savegame. It's better not to save over games when you're using a highly game-changing mod, such as map mods.
- You can also back up your savegames folder before modding the game.
- Place your reports in Mods/Help Requests.