Arduino Guage Cluster/Dashboard(+ source) for ATS

teknogeek1300

Re: Arduino Guage Cluster/Dashboard(+ source) for ATS

#51 Post by teknogeek1300 » 12 Jun 2017 10:26

spicyhairdude wrote: 30 Jan 2017 13:32 Is there a chance you could explain how I can change how for the servo for speed moves everytime the telementry goes up as right now when I do 40 in game my servo is indicating to 20 on the dial I have,

I would really appreciate it if you could help me :)
In the dash_plugin.txt change the

Code: Select all

factor_speed                flt   4.7
line.
bubbdamadaussie wrote: 19 Feb 2017 06:16 Hi can you tell me what instrument cluster you used?
Thanks.
I modified a 2003 Toyota Camry cluster. I replaced the air core gauges with RC servos to do so.
skyrichard wrote: 22 Mar 2017 04:10 Greetings to all, I am new to arduino and old to learn fast, I have arduino mega, ats, dashboard-master_v6.zip, I tried to copy the diagram of the image, but for some reason the "display 7 segment" does not work, try Of adding a light for the motor brake on pin A5 but for some reason the led is on all time.
and the last question...on the image of the diagram..the range spliter leds and common on the 7 segment is conectec to a resistor from the ground?

I appreciate your great help to every person involved in this. :ugeek:
My 7 segment was wired upside down, and I believe there was a wiring diagram mishap at some point.

This is the latest proper diagram: http://www.gamefront.com/members/teknog ... am-v5-mega
koala_pl

#52 Post by koala_pl » 03 Jul 2017 23:07

Can I add arduino to the lift axle?
GyverX

#53 Post by GyverX » 07 Sep 2017 10:34

I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice or insight. I have have the plugin (Both version 65/86) installed and the txt file in there. I have my Mega 2560 R3 compiled and set up on a bread board with two LED's just to test things out. Everything loads in the game fine but the it doesn't work. So, I checked the log and it says it can not connect to com14. (I changed the txt file to match the com) I tried "COM 14" with the space, and it didnt work. It just read as can not connect to "COM". The Arduino IDE is con COM 14 and I was wondering... Is the plug in limited to a certain COM number limit. eg; 1 through 9?

My ATS is Admin enabled. I also run ets2 telemetry and trucksbook plugins but I can not see how they would interfere. with ATS 2.8

00:00:18.435 : Plugin initialising
00:00:18.435 : Plugin CWD: H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator\bin\win_x64
00:00:18.437 : Using serial port: COM14
00:00:18.437 : <ERROR> Can not open COM port
00:00:18.437 : <ERROR> 'dash_plugin_x64' failed initialization with result 0xfffffff9
Any advise on why this is? Is it 2.8 or am I missing something?

Thanks
GyverX
teknogeek1300

#54 Post by teknogeek1300 » 22 Sep 2017 00:13

Quote removed. Please don't quote post right above.
The # limit would be my best guess, I've never tried anything above 9. I'm attaching a picture of what seems to be a way to change the com port through windows device manager.
Attachments
com port change.jpg
m4rc10w

#55 Post by m4rc10w » 10 Oct 2017 22:16

As I recompile the dll (in 64 bits) through Visual Studio 2010, can someone explain me (using the latest version of Telemetry SDK 1.9 available here http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Documen ... /Telemetry)? I've tried using 'Build' and 'Rebuild' options and it is giving error, I wanted to test some modifications here, but I can not recompile the plugin. If anyone knows how and can tell me, thank you very much.
My ETS2/ATS Custom/Edited Dashboards for Funbit ETS2/ATS Telemetry Server
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=25089

[ external image ]
Sorry my bad English, it´s no my native language, then most my posts have help from Google Translate.
RodeoGeorge

#56 Post by RodeoGeorge » 27 Oct 2017 06:24

I know that this is an old thread, but it's the only one I could find for information regarding building a dashboard for ATS.

I am trying to build/use this dashboard and having problems.
I've acquired and mounted all the components on a breadboard exactly as shown in the drawing.
I've acquired an Arduino Mega 2560 and uploaded the latest sketch linked in Post #1.
I've copied the dash_plugin.txt and dash_plugin_x64.dll files into the ATS Plugins folder.

When I power up the Arduino, all the lights cycle on and off, and the servos rotate to max and then min (the self test is working). All segments of the 8 segment display are lit at the end of the self test.

When I open ATS, I am prompted to allow the use of the advanced SDK features.
The game.log.txt file shows that dash_plugin_x64.dll is loading without errors, and the proper COM Port is being used.

When ATS loads, and the data begins flowing to the Arduino, I get the following:

RPM Servo - Operates correctly
SPEEDO - Operates correctly
Range Splitter LEDs - Operate correctly

8 segment display sections are inverted (I can fix this in the sketch)

The following do not work:
L Turn
R Turn
Parking Brake
Low Beam
High Beam
Cruise Control

I have not used enough fuel to see if the Fuel Servo and Low Fuel Light are working correctly.

My thought are that possibly the SDK data has changed with an update, and there may be a new dash_plugin_x64.dll file required.

Is anyone having success with this setup on the latest ATS?

(Any help appreciated)

RodeoGeorge

DOUBEL POST merged here.. Please don't double post.

Well, bone heading through the sketch I've managed to get everything working except the Cruise Control Light.
To do this, I inverted the 8 segment LOW/HIGH values, and removed the Cruise Control read_serial_byte_set_servo_cruise section.
Here are the lines that I removed:

read_serial_byte_set_servo_cruise(cruise, SERVO_DIR_INVERT); // cruise speed, set to trip a light

if (cruise.read() < 180)
{
digitalWrite(CRUISE_CONTROL, 1);
}
if (cruise.read() > 179)
{
digitalWrite(CRUISE_CONTROL, 0);
}

I'm still trying to hack the sketch to get the Cruise Control light working, but I'm running out of ideas.
I don't know if this link will work, but here is my latest Sketch

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Public/ ... e=personal

RodeoGeorge

NOTE: I'm unable, for some reason, to make that link PUBLIC
If you would like the .ino that I'm using, send me a PM and I'll attach it to a PM reply.
Last edited by RodeoGeorge on 17 Nov 2017 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
L3chu

#57 Post by L3chu » 10 Nov 2017 19:18

Quote removed. Please don't quote post right above.
Can u again send link for fix beacuse last u link doesn't work
alican_222

#58 Post by alican_222 » 17 Nov 2017 13:51

Same issue about cruise control codes. When I used this lines ;

read_serial_byte_set_servo_cruise(cruise, SERVO_DIR_INVERT); // cruise speed, set to trip a light

if (cruise.read() < 180)
{
digitalWrite(CRUISE_CONTROL, 1);
}
if (cruise.read() > 179)
{
digitalWrite(CRUISE_CONTROL, 0);
}
it happened something weird. Turn indicators and servos worked well. Although I didn't press the high beam key, the high beam light was still on. By the way cruise control light didn't work of course.
teknogeek1300

#59 Post by teknogeek1300 » 18 Nov 2017 12:51

Not sure what they did to the telemetry this time, but nothing is working for me since 1.29 update, release of Arizona DLC. Anyone else not working? The Cruise control is not working for me as well, not sure what I did? lol. I kinda hacked that together. I literally copy pasted and modified the speedometer code to the cruise speed int he dll, and I don't have the setup to recode that part anymore. My best guess is that the SDK has changed on SCS's side, so the cruise is either not at that address anymore, so it always reads 0. I still have not been able to find info on their SDK changes, so I can't fix anything :(
Canditi89

#60 Post by Canditi89 » 02 Dec 2017 13:24

I have little problem, same on COM2

00:00:12.298 : loading 'dash_plugin_x86' 'E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Euro Truck Simulator 2/bin/win_x86/plugins/dash_plugin_x86.dll'
00:00:18.356 : Plugin initialising
00:00:18.356 : Plugin CWD: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86
00:00:18.376 : Using serial port: COM30
00:00:18.376 : <ERROR> Can not open COM port
00:00:18.376 : <ERROR> 'dash_plugin_x86' failed initialization with result 0xfffffff9
What i can do now?

//Edit

" i did solve the problem guys,

go to control panel in windows, and uninstall the com driver that arduino is using

unplug the arduino and plug it again and it will install the com driver automatically

go in arduino software to TOOLS then PORT and check the new com that says where the arduino board is connected

and done"

Return to “General discussion about the game”