PC rebooting while playing ATS Demo

Ivanko1

PC rebooting while playing ATS Demo

#1 Post by Ivanko1 » 05 Jun 2017 21:21

Windows 7 PRO 64-bit
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, 3Ghz
Radeon HIS HD 4670 IceQ Turbo 512MB (Driver Version 8.911-111025a-128244C-ATI , Catalyst 11.11)
2x 2Gb DDR2 GoodRam 800MHz
HDD 640Gb + 1500Gb
PSU Enermax 385+ PRO
CPU cooler TThermalright SI-128 + 2x 120mm case fans.

Here is the game log https://pastebin.com/TaihTdr0 No crash log in folder.

Game setting: video - hi (default), also some gaming settings changed (more weather, less trailer stability and longer trip, plus some keys assigned). No mods.

Last week I finally upgraded my Windows XP and installed Windows 7 PRO 64-bit, and first what I really want to try - will my PC be able to run ATS. And for info - yes, he can, and even have more fps then ETS2.)
But there is a thing - my PC start rebooting while I trying to play ATS. No time limits (I can complete 1-2 deliveries without reboot, and next time can't even finish third), no special places, no special conditions, exept twice it happend when I try to see map and press "M", maybe it's coincidens, I don't know. Other games have no problems, for example can play 3-6 hours in Counter Strike GO with no problems. But some times it's rebooting while surfing internet or just working on PC. Having some problems with some partitions on HDD after XP - 7 see them but cant open, but gaming partition work fine (I have individual partition for games).
No BSoD, no minidump folders or files found.
I left side panel open and check temperatures with my hand: cpu cooler just warm, GPU cooler and board - hot (aprox 50-60"C), NB - hot but I can hold hand no problem, SB - not very hot, RAM - not very hot, PSU - very warm.

P.s. Don't have that problem then XP was installed.
Ilmiont

Re: PC rebooting while playing ATS Demo

#2 Post by Ilmiont » 07 Jun 2017 10:22

If it's randomly rebooting while you're playing games and also when you're just browsing the web, that's definitely a PSU issue. The PSU heat would also suggest something is wrong there.

Looks like your PSU is on the way out or is being overloaded. If you haven't changed any hardware, it's probably the former. Tbh if you've had that PC since the XP days, it has done quite well. You'll probably need a new PSU.

When a power supply starts to die, it does so sporadically and the reboots may not seem to follow any pattern. While most will occur under heavy load (i.e. gaming) they can also trip out just while idling on the desktop - I've had it happen before. There isn't much else that will cause a PC to suddenly reboot on multiple occasions.
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
goktugmen

#3 Post by goktugmen » 07 Jun 2017 11:55

I agree with Ilmiont on this since I got a similar problem. First my specs are;

Code: Select all

Operating System
	Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
	Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz	39 °C
	Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
	4,00GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-6-6-18)
Motherboard
	ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5Q SE (LGA775)	40 °C
Graphics
	DELL E196FP (1280x1024@60Hz)
	1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)	45 °C
Storage
	465GB SAMSUNG HD502IJ ATA Device (SATA)	33 °C
Optical Drives
	CD-ROM Drive
	CD-ROM Drive
Audio
	BR-80
Now my PC is idle and I just fired it up, it is a hot day(just outside of window it is 29 C) and I haven't turn on the external cooling fan for case yet. But when I play ETS2 or ATS or any other 3D game for like 3 hours and successfully quit it without crash, I can't play another one that day. If I try pc reboots, try again and reboot again. I did some research and asked few friends and they all point out PSU for such a stupid problem since all the other parts are working fine and not that hot after gaming. Sometimes I quit ETS2 and then wanna check my screenshots and PC reboots when the image appears.

I was gonna buy a new PSU but since something weird is happening to bank accounts I got no chance now. Hope it is PSU related, as your PC is like mine, old, tired and tends to die.

PS: I wrote this in the hope of finding someone having such problems and also PSU seems the most logical problem to some PC technicians I talked to too, for your info.
Centrino2

#4 Post by Centrino2 » 07 Jun 2017 16:26

Okay now to ask you all to be more descriptive. Cause to me it just seems like the computer just randomly chooses to reboot.

When the computer reboots does it give a shutting down screen, a Blue Screen Of Death, or does it just go straight off like if the power went out?

If it is the third situation then it is definitely your PSU (yes already stated).... unless it could be another part, which if that is the case then try disconnecting the least important parts out first that you computer doesn't need to operate such as in order: GPU, Optical disk drives, Network Card (if ya have one), Hard Drives without OS, RAM (if you have another one available and try swapping the RAM around too)
xXCARL1992Xx

#5 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Jun 2017 16:38

after your PC reboots after it shut down type "event viewer" into the startmenu there you can check for critical errors
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
goktugmen

#6 Post by goktugmen » 07 Jun 2017 18:03

@Centrino2 Sorry for not describing everything for my case; firstly it just goes off like the voltage is out in my case but reboots, so the computer starts again immediatly and if I insist on opening another game or just internet browser does the same thing. I tested other parts as much as I could, cleaned parts re-connected them,memtest for Rams and stuff. Anyway your opinion makes me feel good at least with very high possibility I'll solve my instability with a new PSU. Thanks.

@CARL1992 Thanks a lot "event viewer" showed a lot and all the Critical ones were Kernel-Power related and it says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." So I guess time to buy a new PSU is so close. I hope someone having a similar issue may find this page, since I couldn't find so much source to read on such a problem.
Ivanko1

#7 Post by Ivanko1 » 07 Jun 2017 18:11

Ilmiont wrote: 07 Jun 2017 10:22 If it's randomly rebooting while you're playing games and also when you're just browsing the web, that's definitely a PSU issue.
1. Reboots sterted only after me install Win 7 64-bit. With Win XP 32-bit I don't have that problem on ETS2 with 1170 hours on record.
2 . It is good quality PSU http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/ ... 1=54&no=73 with fair 385 watts. Yes, he have been 7 years old but still running good.
3. I don't see anything what can overload it, CPU - about 90-100 watts max, GPU - 50-60 watts, 4 fans - 10 watts, 2 HDD - 20 watts - less then 200 watts anyway.
4. Not much games so far, but when I am playing CS: GO 2-3 hours in a row - no reboots, in ATS 10-20 maximum, sometimes even after 3-5 minutes.(
goktugmen wrote: 07 Jun 2017 11:55 First my specs are;
What PSU do you have?
Centrino2 wrote: 07 Jun 2017 16:26 Okay now to ask you all to be more descriptive. Cause to me it just seems like the computer just randomly chooses to reboot.
No BSoD or anything, just black monitor with "no signal" message and PC starts boot in 3-5 sec with short "beep" (Bios have 3 sec delay for HDD on start).
Well, without BSoD it is hard to say what cause problem, but on old Win Xp 32-bit I don't have that problem.
Also, one game or internet surf - cause this problem, and playing CS:GO for 2-3 hours don't cause that problem.
CARL1992 wrote: 07 Jun 2017 16:38 after your PC reboots after it shut down type "event viewer" into the startmenu there you can check for critical errors
Can't find anything.( Can you describe more about it?)
goktugmen

#8 Post by goktugmen » 07 Jun 2017 18:44

My PSU is ThermalTake TR2-470 ATX. It's at least 5 years old, not sure since my friend gave this computer to me like 3 years ago. Mine also looks and feels good unless I play games, and yes some games take longer times.

I should add that I play Far Cry 3, Gta IV lately, Train Simulator 2017 nowadays with ETS2 and ATS. I have a chance to play one game a day so I had the chance to test them equally and most crash-likely ones are ETS2 and ATS, they became more and more demanding as they progress especially after 1.6, 1.27 and France sometimes I can't even finish the 2000 km cargo as pc dies.
Blackspots

#9 Post by Blackspots » 07 Jun 2017 20:42

Yeah, that PSU is bad. Also, 385W is not nearly enough for what you have in that computer. Also, its an Enermax. My brother had a Enermax 350W Liberty PSU bought in 2007 that was intermittently failing for about 4 years. The computer would mainly not turn on at all at random. I assumed it was the motherboard, so I replaced that three different times. I finally decided to replace the PSU last year. He now has an eVGA G2 550W PSU in there.

Here's a review for your PSU: https://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/psus/ ... o_82_psu/1 Yes, this is a 625W PSU, but its of the same series of PSU as yours.

The eVGA G2 is built by Superflower, and on a side note: the eVGA GS is built by Seasonic. Both top tier PSU manufacturers.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Ivanko1

#10 Post by Ivanko1 » 07 Jun 2017 21:58

Furmark running with no problems.
OCCT CPU/GPU tests running well. PSU test - no reboots.
Can be issue if ATS requires DX11 and my GPY have only 10.1?
Last edited by Ivanko1 on 07 Jun 2017 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Technical Problems”