Can't set Mouse Wheel Up / Mouse Wheel Down to control audio player volume

aiglePT

Can't set Mouse Wheel Up / Mouse Wheel Down to control audio player volume

#1 Post by aiglePT » 06 Aug 2017 14:54

In the settings there's the option to assign keys to control the audio player volume. I've tried to assign the setting "Audio player volume up" to my mouse wheel up and the setting "Audio player volume down" to my mouse wheel down, but this seems to not be working. It lets me assign the keys and even recognizes them as "Wheel Up" and "Wheel Down" but when i try to use the mouse wheel to control the volume nothing happens.

I tried to assign these settings to keys on the keyboard and that works fine, so maybe there's a problem when this particular settings are assigned to the mouse?
Last edited by Reef on 06 Aug 2017 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to: American Truck Simulator >> Technical Problems
Frontiersman

Re: Can't set Mouse Wheel Up / Mouse Wheel Down to control audio player volume

#2 Post by Frontiersman » 06 Aug 2017 16:47

If you're using a wireless mouse, try jiggling the mouse to "wake it up", then move the wheel. I found this out on my Logitech M510.
aiglePT

#3 Post by aiglePT » 06 Aug 2017 20:51

Frontiersman wrote: 06 Aug 2017 16:47 If you're using a wireless mouse, try jiggling the mouse to "wake it up", then move the wheel. I found this out on my Logitech M510.
It is a wired mouse (Steelseries Rival 100).
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 06 Aug 2017 23:17

You can assign the mouse wheel to that function by opening the game Options, selecting Keys & Buttons. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll the options for the volume control.

[ external image ]

There are two control options for each. Just click on click on one for Volume Up and roll the mouse wheel up, and repeat that for Volume Down and roll the mouse wheel down. Easy as cake...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
aiglePT

#5 Post by aiglePT » 07 Aug 2017 03:05

Axel Slingerland wrote: 06 Aug 2017 23:17 You can assign the mouse wheel to that function by opening the game Options, selecting Keys & Buttons. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll the options for the volume control.

[ external image ]

There are two control options for each. Just click on click on one for Volume Up and roll the mouse wheel up, and repeat that for Volume Down and roll the mouse wheel down. Easy as cake...
That was not my question/problem:
aiglePT wrote: 06 Aug 2017 14:54 It lets me assign the keys and even recognizes them as "Wheel Up" and "Wheel Down" but when i try to use the mouse wheel to control the volume nothing happens.
I tried to assign these settings to keys on the keyboard and that works fine, so maybe there's a problem when this particular settings are assigned to the mouse?
The problem is that i do what you say but seems to only work with actual keys from the keyboard and not mouse.
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 07 Aug 2017 07:54

I could have sworn it used to work. But I just tried it in 1.20, 1.22, 1.26 and 1.27 and assigning the volume controls to your mouse wheel does exactly what you said in all of them... Absolutely nothing. So I'm sorry, it doesn't look like that will work. Unless of course, someone here knows some tricks that I don't. Which is always a possibility.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
aiglePT

#7 Post by aiglePT » 07 Aug 2017 17:10

Axel Slingerland wrote: 07 Aug 2017 07:54 I could have sworn it used to work. But I just tried it in 1.20, 1.22, 1.26 and 1.27 and assigning the volume controls to your mouse wheel does exactly what you said in all of them... Absolutely nothing. So I'm sorry, it doesn't look like that will work. Unless of course, someone here knows some tricks that I don't. Which is always a possibility.
Shouldn't then this be moved to the bug section for SCS be aware of the problem?

Return to “Technical Problems”