Constant Crashing.

cip

Re: Constant Crashing.

#11 Post by cip » 01 Sep 2017 08:35

GT182 wrote: 29 Aug 2017 19:36 Incompatible mods I have had had a red marker for the ones that were installed.
No mods I have are shown by the author to have updates for them for use in 1.28.
You will learn that not necessarily a mod is compatible with a newer version if isn't red. the authors don't know the future, what will be in the next version.
you will also learn that usually, in 99% cases, the last line in your gamelog is the one that tells you what cause a game crash. flares are the most frequent crash cause for 1.28 so be sure you update your trucks first
Later you will learn how to open a mod and how to edit it yourself and update it. for this you will need a lot of lecture here on the forum.
for the moment it's wise you only use mods updated for 1.28, preferably Steam mods, found when you browse the workshop :D
cheers!
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
GT182

#12 Post by GT182 » 05 Sep 2017 00:00

SabR, yes I'm fairly new to ATS. I've only been playing since April and I don't know all of the ins and outs of checking things out. With mods for other sims I've played, we used JSGME which is a mod installer that will also remove mods completely. I've used it extensively for Silent Hunter 3 and 5. I've going to check and see if it will work with ATS mods downloaded from the internet, not those from Steam. Works great and there are no errors when used for mod installation.

I deleted 4 mods I thought could be the problem and it worked. I now have it running again from where the crash started. I even updated my NVidia drivers for my GT-740 graphics card. Also reinstalled DirectX 11.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
GT182

#13 Post by GT182 » 05 Sep 2017 03:09

Frontiersman wrote: 30 Aug 2017 15:29 Well you could have games that don't update at all...
I use mods all the time. I love good mods. That being said, this hatred towards the game you are modding is misguided at best. Mods for ATS are worthless code without ATS.
I don't hate ATS Frontiersman. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds 1.28 a bit upsetting. And I know the world doesn't revolve around me. Nor you. I haven't been playing ATS as long as you so I probably don't know the ins and outs like you do.

Thanks Max. I'll try and find the Log file.

I did find out one thing. I had to connect my Profile to the internet to play again. At least I think that was part of the problem. Before 1.28 I didn't have to.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
SabR

#14 Post by SabR » 05 Sep 2017 04:31

@GT-182, we all were and will be new to the things we have an interest in. Its good to keep the drivers updated. Reinstalling DX11 wasn't necessary in this case.
GT182

#15 Post by GT182 » 05 Sep 2017 20:38

SabR wrote: 05 Sep 2017 04:31 @GT-182, we all were and will be new to the things we have an interest in. Its good to keep the drivers updated. Reinstalling DX11 wasn't necessary in this case.
I found that out. ;) But it didn't hurt anything, so all is well with it.
GT182

#16 Post by GT182 » 11 Sep 2017 02:56

I removed all the mods that showed errors. They were the standalone trailers that weren't updated and replaced them with the trailer and tanker mod packs. ATS is running fine now except for my sound problem.

Return to “Technical Problems”