game.log.txt help

chrisagreat

game.log.txt help

#1 Post by chrisagreat » 21 Sep 2017 21:08

is there a way to increase the game.log.txt file size? I get so many warnings and misc errors that by the time any crash happens there is no more space in the log and I get this in return

********** The log file exceeded its limit size, truncated.

why is it capped at 1mb, and can it be changed??? I'd really like 10-15mb... I usually play for 6-10hrs in a session and this hinders figuring out why I'm crashing, and I'd just like a log long enough for me to scroll through after sessions.

Any help? Thx!
Reinhard

Re: game.log.txt help

#2 Post by Reinhard » 21 Sep 2017 22:51

There is a game parameter "-unlimitedlog". That should do the trick.
chrisagreat wrote: 21 Sep 2017 21:08 why is it capped at 1mb
If there was no limit, users with very limited disk drive capacity would become upset if a savegame couldn't be written because the drive is full. Most users don't even know about the existence of the log.
chrisagreat

#3 Post by chrisagreat » 22 Sep 2017 00:52

do I put that in the steam game properties tab? and in the age of gigs and tb's the 1mb just makes me laugh a little, I understand why it's there. and for a file that overwrites itself every game start. if it was adding to a log that'd be another story all together Thanks!
Last edited by Flemming V on 22 Sep 2017 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pyramide quote removed.
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 22 Sep 2017 06:52

Enter the Steam client, select the game, right click it, choose "Properties". In the opening window you will find a "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..." button, click it. Now you can add the parameter "-unlimitedlog" - without the quotation marks.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#5 Post by Mohegan13 » 22 Sep 2017 07:42

If you are getting that many errors that the log truncates maybe it would be a good idea to start by working on those fixing those warnings/errors or removing the mods causing them.

In all likelihood the mod[s] causing the log warnings and errors are the same one[s] causing the crashes.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
chrisagreat

#6 Post by chrisagreat » 22 Sep 2017 22:58

Moh1336 wrote: 22 Sep 2017 07:42 If you are getting that many errors that the log truncates maybe it would be a good idea to start by working on those fixing those warnings/errors or removing the mods causing them.

In all likelihood the mod[s] causing the log warnings and errors are the same one[s] causing the crashes.
I am using a bunch of 1.6 trailers and other older mods because I can't find updated counterparts, that's where most the errors are but I don't know how to fix warnings and stuff in mods :( I wish I did, also, the game log doesn't say which mod is causing the problems, making finding the culprit and fixing them harder for me (like I said I don't know much). I do try to load only a couple mods ever trip to help identify any issues in the new mods that helps me a bit and reading where the error occured I go hunting in all the .scs files for that location and then delete the .scs files, I'd love to know how to fix mods, I want to fix the enhanced t680 mod by td (not active in modloader) it crashes because it has conflict issues, but it looks so cool, t680 is my favorite truck.
SlavikSD

#7 Post by SlavikSD » 23 Sep 2017 04:07

@chrisagreat,
Give me a link to т680, maybe I can help you
chrisagreat

#8 Post by chrisagreat » 23 Sep 2017 04:34

@SlavikSD PM'd thank you

Return to “Technical Problems”