Game crashes with New Mexico DLC

Vorden

Game crashes with New Mexico DLC

#1 Post by Vorden » 09 Nov 2017 16:37

I was excited to try out the new DLC but after the profile selection screen, the game goes to the loading screen then crashes to desktop. I tried uninstalling all mods, I tried using a profile that has no mods used (for online play) and even tried uninstalling the NM DLC, and yes I verified the integrity of the files through steam as well. I am out of ideas short of totally uninstalling the game and reinstalling. Anyone else having this problem or just me? Its been a month or so since I played last but everything worked fine before, mods and all.
IonutL

Re: Game crashes with New Mexico DLC

#2 Post by IonutL » 09 Nov 2017 18:46

Try creating a new profile without mods and see if it still crashes. If a crash occurs, then post the gamelog.txt file, located in ~Documents/American Truck Simulator folder, using the www.pastebin.com site.
By "online play" do you mean the unofficial MP mod, made by truckersmp.com? That is still a mod so go checking their site to see if it's compatible with NM DLC.
Edit: from their forum
American Truck Simulator 1.29 & New Mexico DLC
scarface0359
By scarface0359
11/08/17

The long awaited New Mexico DLC has been released, together with update 1.29 for American Truck Simulator.

It's currently not possible to play online with other truckers to enjoy this new content. Our developers are aware of this and are working on a patch as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.
Vorden

Re: Game crashes with New Mexico DLC

#3 Post by Vorden » 09 Nov 2017 19:34

OK I checked the log and saw it was mad because my Occlus Rift wasn't plugged in, I check the launch options and sure enough '-oculus' was in there, I didn't think to remove that since I unchecked the VR beta.

Problem solved! Thanks for reminding me to check the log.

Return to “Technical Problems”