<ERROR> [dx9] Present failed. [0x88760874]

IonutL

Re: <ERROR> [dx9] Present failed. [0x88760874]

#21 Post by IonutL » 14 Nov 2017 17:32

Most reports coming are from people with a Radeon graphics card so that is in a way intriguing. If there is something that SCS can modify to make it better for you guys i'm sure that they'll do it, but with all their resources focused on upcoming releases, is totally possible that the fix and investigation would take some time.
Crewz

#22 Post by Crewz » 14 Nov 2017 17:46

Hey there,

I really would like to try to change my graphic card set up (downclocking, set the fan speed up, etc) but as I said, the Wattman profiler runs when it detects the game start running.
Unfortunately, the ATI program don't detect ATS starting and running. :(

As I said, my game don't crash at all. No crash to desktop, Nothing. Just the image freezes. I only have the issue with the 1.29 patch. ATS 1.28 is OK, ETS 1.28 is OK.

So, it looks like that dx9 error [0x88760874] as multiple causes and multiple reactions.

So far I can listed in possibles causes :
-Unknown origin
-Overheating GPU
-Overclocking GPU
-nVidia Inspector program trouble (cipinho)
-Mod error (coalrollerlbz)

Possibles solutions :
-Change hardware peripherals. (Trident R.S.)
-Re-apply nVidia Inspector profile (cipinho)
Crewz

#23 Post by Crewz » 17 Nov 2017 03:15

Greetings from the snowy French Alps.

So, I have some news.
Unfortunately, I don't know how.

I resolved my dx9 error.
I went back to the 1.28 and finally I tested again 1.29.
I changed some options on my AMD program. I keep sure to set the ATS profile not activated and set up the anti-aliasing off on the AMD program. I kept all other options inactivated or in low.
I'll keep doing some tests on that way but I think, like the nVidia Inspector, the Radeon program is the key.

I'll inform you as soon as I get some infos on my tests.
Crewz

#24 Post by Crewz » 20 Nov 2017 03:56

It's me again.

So, I spendt few hours on the MP this evening and it's happening again.
This time it's not 100% time when I'm back from a menu. It's randomly happens after consulting the map or on the resume of the travel (when I drop off the trailer) like 30-40% times...
It's really annoying.

The custom profile on the Radeon program is on "Unactivated", i'll try again with "activated" but all options on "Off".

I'll keep you in touch if I may found a solution...
theragegunner

#25 Post by theragegunner » 06 Dec 2017 04:03

Is there a solution I am having the same problem :(
cip

#26 Post by cip » 26 Dec 2017 03:16

if still issues with the freezing menu generating [dx9] Present failed, you could read this:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=244658&hilit=presen ... 30#p839143
in addition to these settings I have also removed the HDMI connection with my smart TV that seems also to cause issues with freezing after exiting the game menu
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Lexx

#27 Post by Lexx » 26 Dec 2017 10:04

Crewz wrote: 20 Nov 2017 03:56 It's me again.

So, I spendt few hours on the MP this evening and it's happening again.
This time it's not 100% time when I'm back from a menu. It's randomly happens after consulting the map or on the resume of the travel (when I drop off the trailer) like 30-40% times...
It's really annoying.

The custom profile on the Radeon program is on "Unactivated", i'll try again with "activated" but all options on "Off".

I'll keep you in touch if I may found a solution...
I never had the desribed problem with an SCS game but I decided to search on Google and see what I will find. It seems about 90% of the people with that problem are using Goows 10 (aka Windows 10) with an R-series of AMD and some automated program to optimize the game. Goows 10 is still too new and too unstable. Lasts a few days OK and then it's mandatory for something to crash - either to desktop or to a BSOD, especially with the automatically installed drivers and the inability to install the driver you want. Add to that the very unstable and untested driver of the AMD R-series (AMD stopped testing their drivers with Microsoft long time ago) video cards and the automated software = you're bound to have a constant crash.
Also that automated optimization software has proven unreliable through the years of its existence. I tried it myself several times and got bad performance all the time. A friend of mine tried it with World of WarPlanes - the first time with his video card drivers and then the ingame integrated optimization. Both times got bad performance and crashes. All of his problems disappeared when I entered his computer via TeamViewer, disabled everything that had the label "automatic" and did the settings myself. BUT!!! There is one BUT! We both still use Windows 7 for a reason. Most people think the latest is the best but in the case of Goows 10 it's not like that. I'd wait 3-4 more years before installing it again. Microsoft have proven in time they need at least 5 years to make an operating system to run smoothly and flawlessly.
I can go into deep details about the R-series drivers and what makes Windows 7 a lot better than Goows 10 (except for maybe the lack of DX12 which isn't such a big deal) but we'll go into such a deep offtopic that we'll probably be kicked out of the forum. :P But I'll say just this and let it sink in: Windows 7 reached 9 months and 2 days of uptime (24/7 running; if it wasn't for my power provider, he could have reached a whole year), while Goows 10 could last only 5 days of uptime before having a BSOD for no reason - on the very same computer that Windows 7 reached his 9 months of uptime.
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64
Max
SCS Software

#28 Post by Max » 27 Dec 2017 21:55

i could just add some general things:
"dx9 presence failed" means nothing more than that the graphics driver stopped responding.
game itself could do nothing in that state so it prints error in log. sometimes driver can restart/awake/communicate again after a while, but mostly game is done in that moment.
immediate source of the issue might be driver, gfx card, its settings, their combination or anything similar. we are also trying to not use too fancy instructions and calls because of this. so i can only advice to be careful with new/untested/unstable driver versions, driver settings, card overclocking, bus overclocking, linked more cards (drivers are lying then sometimes), third party helper software etc.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
cip

#29 Post by cip » 28 Dec 2017 02:49

Dear Max, thanks for your explanations, you are right freezing menu in ETS2 is nothing else than the non responding GPU driver. at least in my case it happens due to the combination G-sync and 4xMSAA + 4xSGSS. with absolutely the same Nvidia settings and same game graphic settings, in ATS I never have any driver issues, not a single freezing menu, while in ETS2 something is wrong, or maybe simply these settings are no longer suitable for DirectX 9...
currently I play ETS2 with G-sync disabled but with 4xMSAA + 4xSGSS which for me is the best possible image quality and reasonable performance hit.
happy new year!
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Trident R.S.

#30 Post by Trident R.S. » 30 Dec 2017 14:46

Mmmhhh :twisted: after window 10 update, this error is back again, but very badly with ATS (i can play max 3 minutes).
ETS2 with same parameters but more mods, work good.
I suspect ATS have too much crome. :lol:

Return to “Technical Problems”