<ERROR> [dx9] Present failed. [0x88760874]

ramocharly

Re: <ERROR> [dx9] Present failed. [0x88760874]

#11 Post by ramocharly » 12 Nov 2017 18:55

Hello everybody

Same issue here. So just for science I started a new profile and guess what : No errors, no crashes. Everything works as advertised. Hopefully we are not back in the old days, when a new profile was needed after every patch. I will keep my previous one just in case a solution comes around.

Ok i am outta here, there is a company to rebuild.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Quick jobs worked fine, but right when i got my own wheels game acted up again. Back to square one and check my mods one at a time, but not anytime soon. Too annoyed at the moment :evil:
Call me crazy Truckaholic
TwistedLemon90

#12 Post by TwistedLemon90 » 12 Nov 2017 23:03

Im on a new profile as well. 210,000 Miles down the drain, lets see umm 101 trucks gone 95 drivers gone. basically a 1 million dollar company gone. alot of other stuff was gone too. I thanked coast to coast for that. But however i just don't know whats going on with it why crash the game every delivery thats just gonna put a strain on your PC really bad. Especially since no driver updates are available (in my case)
Last edited by ohaha on 14 Nov 2017 04:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Do not quote preceding message. Do not quote entire message.
SabR

#13 Post by SabR » 13 Nov 2017 06:29

Two ways to make sure you don't lose a profile coz of a new patch;

A) Have two profiles, vanilla & modded. Updating mods takes time, so, while you wait for them to get updated enjoy the new patched game with your vanilla profile. Once the authors update their mods, replace the old versions of the mods with the new ones & enjoy your modded profile. This decreases the chance of losing a modded profile due to the new game updates. Chances are the mod authors might abandon their mods & leave you in a lurch. Then, either you ditch that mod or learn to update it yourself.

I've been following this rule since the past 3yrs & my modded profile (for ETS2) is still intact.

B) Just one, modded profile. When a new update/patch/version is released, SCS introduces a link to the previous stable version example: "temporary_1_28 - 1.28.x for incompatible mods" for users who do not wish to update their games just yet. Select that option under the BETAS tab, the game will download the previous patch & you would be able to enjoy your modded game like before. Update your game whenever you see fit by selecting "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs".

[ external image ]

How to safely remove a mod;
a) Truck, Accessories:
Before you proceed to delete any of these two mods from your mod folder, login to your profile, sell you mod truck &/or the mod accessories & then proceed with completely deleting it from your drive. If you hired drivers & have provided them with any of these two mods, sell them, buy vanilla & proceed. Its better not to give your employees mods in any form, from the get-go.

b) Maps:
If you ever install a map mod on a profile, you just literally took industrial strength glue & glued your profile to it. History has shown that one either has lost his/her entire profile if he deletes the map mod(s) or has residues in the form of errors in the log which probably would crash his profile any day in the future. The only way to go about with this profile is to update the map mod else its apocalypse time for this profile. Some would advise to sell all the garages you bought on the map mod, relocate your drivers to the garages on the vanilla map & then its safe to delete it. Try at your own risk.

I almost suffered this with Promods in the early stages of my ETS2 life but thanks to this community I left that profile untouched, played vanilla & after months, returned & updated it. Its still with me. :)

c) Graphics, Trailers:
Deleting these mods shouldn't get your game in any kind of big trouble. At the most, you'll be relocated to your HQ.

d) Physics & Sound:
Haven't tried hence don't know.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#14 Post by Mohegan13 » 13 Nov 2017 08:53

Let's not get side tracked with mod issues, the DX9 issue is more serious and affects vanilla profiles.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
cip

#15 Post by cip » 13 Nov 2017 09:50

I had some [dx9] Present failed errors in the past and were solved by correcting some wrong settings in the Nvidia inspector, usually it happens after graphic driver update when the Nvidia inspector profile must be reapplied.
anyway is nothing to blame the Nvidia inspector, it's working perfectly with the correct settings ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Trident R.S.

#16 Post by Trident R.S. » 13 Nov 2017 12:23

I had this problem until change the mouse.
My old Logitech trackball had some problems with hardware (the middle button/scroll wheel are not working good) and driver,
So i bought another one, and the problem disappeared.
coalrollerlbz

#17 Post by coalrollerlbz » 13 Nov 2017 18:34

I figured out what it was. . Sisl's mega accessory mod for the interior of truck v2.5 I think
Crewz

#18 Post by Crewz » 13 Nov 2017 21:51

]Hello Everyone,
I'm not sure if I have to do an other thread. If so, please feel free to tell me or a GM can divide that topic. :)

I experienced the exactly same issues that the original poster, h4r4s3r.
Only the image freeze on the fade-out from the menu to the game. Still got the sound of the open world and can get back to the menu (by sound only).

Like others, I Googled the error code in the logfile.
I heard about the overheating and my GC was a bit hot but not that much as usual. I installed new graphics drivers and the GC is less warm than before but I still have the same freeze issue.
I heard about the nVidia optimization program but I'm on ATI.
I heard about overclocked GPU's but mine is not. I can't even run a special specification when the games is running (the ATI program don't detect ATS).
I heard about to try to add keys (-rdevice dx9 -64bit) to the shortcut, nothing change.
I only have that issue on ATS 1.29 (with New Mexico DLC). ETS is fine, ATS 1.28 works fine.
I'm playing several games on high, very high settings. Games are optimized or not (hello Naval Action and EmergeNYC) all games works fine (GTA V, ETS 2, Arma 3, F1 2017, ...).

I can provide a dxdiag file, and a logfile (I'll have to re-install 1.29 patch and re-run the game) if support team request it but no game.crash (the game don't crash and the file has not been modified).

I'm on a vanillia profile (built for MP).

My PC Specs :
- Win 10
- Intel I7 4770
- 32Gb RAM
- ATI Radeon R9 380X 4gb

Thank you for New Mexico DLC (that is awesome and top quality).
Thank you for reading this and take time to help me to find how resolve this.
JDubz

#19 Post by JDubz » 14 Nov 2017 06:39

@ coalrollerlbz

I can confirm I'm also having this issue, exactly the same impact. I did the most common sense thing to do was Disable my mods completely, re-verify my files on Steam, Clean Reinstall and I still have the issue. The game ran flawless for the full year, no problem what so ever. Ever since they released New Mexico, I'm unable to play it now thanks to this issue.

Here are my specs, I'm running off of AMD Driver 17.11.1

>Windows 10 Operating System
>AMD FX9 (TM) 8320 Eight-Core-Processor 3.50Ghz
>8 GB Ram
>AMD RX 480 8GB VRAM Graphics Card
leftergr

#20 Post by leftergr » 14 Nov 2017 07:06

I don't remember if it's the same error code ( the 0x88760874 ) , but I have encountered '' DX9 present fails '' , when I had overclocked my GPU above a certain limit by the use of MSI Afterburner !

I have a Sapphire R9 280 , and by the use of Afterburner I have it overclocked . While testing with Heaven Benchmark , and everything seem to run smoothly with no problems , when I open the game and press Drive , the minute I appear in the cab of the truck , game crashes to Windows with an error !!!

So by trial and error , I have found a setting for the GPU overclock ( both core and memory ) , that while the GPU is overclocked , the game starts normally !!!

Don't know if the problem of the OP , has anything to do this this ...... just wanted to share my findings ....
Member of the GREEK Euro Truck Simulator 2 team http://www.ets2.gr

Facebook page of GREEK Euro Truck Simulator 2 team https://www.facebook.com/groups/greekets2/

My World Of Truck Profile https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=58165

Return to “Technical Problems”