Cannot open console...

Capt Fuzzy

Cannot open console...

#1 Post by Capt Fuzzy » 15 Nov 2017 17:47

Hey all,

First off, I'd like to point out that I have been over all of the relevant tutorials and guides that show how to enable the developer console and made the edits to them.
The problem is that even though the config file shows that I have the tilde key (~) enabled to open the console, when I hit it, nothing happens, no console.
I also tried changing it to the grave key (`) which is also the tilde key, but this didn't work either.
In order for me to type the tilde (~) I have to hold Shift and hit that key. The grave seems to be the default non-shift key.
As far as I can tell, ALL other functions like camera views, free cam and that sort of thing all work correctly. I just cannot open the console... :(

My keyboard is a Logitech G510s.

Now here's one more little tidbit that might be relevant, the tilde key works with other games that use it to open their consoles, ATS seems to be the only game that I am having this 'tilde issue' with.., strange huh? :roll:
IonutL

Re: Cannot open console...

#2 Post by IonutL » 16 Nov 2017 13:41

Josh0 wrote: 16 Nov 2017 03:45
stcoeur2000 wrote: 12 Nov 2017 15:17 ... but when I start the game and have to press (~) key nothing happens i even tried the on screen keyboard and it doesnt work ... im using a PC with windows 7
I also use Windows 7 and noticed the same problem with the '~' key when I started doing development work. I read somewhere once that Windows 7 specifically has this problem with the SCS games. I find that the '~' key does work when using the map editor of the game, but does not work during game play. I assigned the console trigger in my game to the Scroll Lock key in my controls.sii file:

Code: Select all

config_lines[87]: "mix console `keyboard.grave?0 | keyboard.scrollock?0`"
But be aware, that your controls.sii file is not loaded by the game until you load the profile (your customized key mapping will not be implemented at the profile-selection screen).

Return to “Technical Problems”