New T-LCM Pedals/Clutch not detected

klampo

New T-LCM Pedals/Clutch not detected

#1 Post by klampo » 09 Aug 2020 19:22

I purchased the new T-LCM pedals and paired them with a TS-PC Racer both from Thrustmaster. Throw in the mix of AplusB Software Shifter on top of a TH8 Thrustmaster.
The ingame detection registers the wheel, the acceleration pedal, the breaks, the TH8 shifter, and the AplusB Software shifter.
I am able to set everything from H-Shifter, etc. Sequential is not selected.

Yet, the cluth on the T-LCM refuses to be detected. nothing that I do seems to work. All firmware is up to date. ATS is up to date. I have been working on this problem now for well over 18 hours of time and cannot find a solution or anything about this issue during my research.
I am reaching out to the community in hopes that someone can extend an olive branch.

Kirk

klampo

Re: New T-LCM Pedals/Clutch not detected

#2 Post by klampo » 17 Aug 2020 20:44

Bumping this in hopes that someone can see this thread and please please help me resolve it. I am at a loss of a couple of hundred dollars if I cannot get this setup to work. I am willing to answer any and all questions that you may have to help assist me to obtain a resolution.

Kirk

Dutch TukTuk

#3 Post by Dutch TukTuk » 19 Aug 2020 14:51

klampo,

Are you working with windows 10? ?.

How is your pedal set setup, if i read the manual correct there are 2 mode's?.
there is t-lcm modus and the other is t3pa modus.
Try to change it to t3pa modus, i myself have a "Thrustmaster T300RS" with 3 pedal set "t3pa" and this works very well in both ETS-2 as ATS.

I think you know this webpage: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/pro ... pedals-en/

Did you check your device in Thrusmaster control panel?.

success, and feel free to ask if things are not clear enough, english is not my first language!.

Thomas

klampo

#4 Post by klampo » 22 Aug 2020 15:46

Thank you soooo much for replying. I was starting to lose hope.

Yes, I am currently using Windows 10 Pro Version 2004

Yes, I am aware of the two modes. According to the documentation, the racing wheel needs to be updated to the latest firmware to work with the T-LCM pedals. I have done this and just like the documentation said, it will automatically switch to T-LCM mode. I confirm this by the mode light blinking 10 times. It is hooked up throught he RJ12 port.

I did check the Thrustmaster Control Panel. Is there something I should be looking for in there?

After all of the above, it still does not detect only the clutch pedal.

Dutch TukTuk

#5 Post by Dutch TukTuk » 25 Aug 2020 17:37

klampo,

In "Thrustmaster Control Centre" you could test your device (wheel and pedals).
The control panel is found in start-menu, i myself have link on my desktop.
Besides your wheel you also could see your shifter there.
Select your wheel though and click properties button.

Once inside look to wheel rotation data, usual it is 900 degree's, your pedals should be set to "Separate".
Move your wheel left and right, it should move in control panel as well.
press some buttons on your wheel, some leds should react now.

Press your pedals, you should see some interaction from all three pedals.
If your clutch isn't working in control panel, it won't work in ATS or ETS2.

Firmware package is 2020_TTRS_2, with firmware v11.

If you connect your pedals and the red led is flashing 10 times it gives your pedals "T-LCM" modus, and i don't know if ATS is capable working with this modus.
You better switch to T3PA modus as set out on thrustmaster support site.

I don't now if you disconnect your pedals from steering wheel when done gaming?.
I'm not sure if the pedal modus is stored and kept in for example steering wheel memory?.

Let me know what you find out?.

Thomas

klampo

#6 Post by klampo » 02 Sep 2020 03:58

Hey Dutch,

Thank you for the reply. I did all that you said and everything works. Only the clutch is not detected in the control panel.
Now here is the weird part. I updated the firmware/reinstalled it a while back and unplugged everything and restarted the computer and got it work.
Here is the issue. I had to umplug the wheel and store it.
A few days later plug it back in, cluth not working again.
Tried the steps above again and the cluth still not working. So no clue why it worked that one time and now it isn't working anymore.

Dutch TukTuk

#7 Post by Dutch TukTuk » 02 Sep 2020 14:19

klampo,

Weird indeed, how did you do the upgrade process of your wheel and or pedals?.
Is it correct that you have 2 firmware's installed, one for the wheel the other for pedals?.

Why the "AplusB Software Shifter" does it add something? ?, could this cause kind of conflict?.

Try remove all firmware versions (disconnect wheel from pc) reboot your pc and download fresh version at thrustmaster only the one for your wheel.
Install fresh downloaded file, Connect the wheel when asked in setup routine.
Not sure if you should connect pedals in upgrade process as well?.
When setup is done reboot your pc again.

Run control panel again,

If i'm reading the manual for your pedals correctly you have option for connection by usb, did you try this one yet.
You bypass the wheel in this situation.

Success,

Thomas

klampo

#8 Post by klampo » 07 Sep 2020 04:59

The AplusB Software Shifter is what I use to have the high/low range/splitter shifter for an Eaton Fuller 18 speed transmission.
I did what you said. I went and uninstalled ALL software/firmware. Restarted. Downloaded all new software/firmware.
Waited for setup to prompt for it and installed the software. Restarted after it was done.
Still, no clutch detected when using the Control Panel. Everything else is detected and working except the clutch.

When I connect it via USB, the calibration tool doesn't even detect the pedals.

Dutch TukTuk

#9 Post by Dutch TukTuk » 07 Sep 2020 11:24

klampo,

Did you ever tried working without "AplusB software?, you could set a key for splitter function (High vs Low etc.) in ATS (options - controls) first below your 6th gear binding that should be your Thrustmaster shifter.

If all this don't work for you i would get in touch with thrustmaster support, maybe they have more and better answers for you then i have?.
Also get in touch with the store where you bought your set, lets see what they have to say?.

When you connect through usb, you did disconnect rj12 connection, did modus led did blink??.
Is there any need to use calibration tool for pedals? ?.

As i said, running out of options, could you upload screen shots from your ATS control setup, Options - controls.
Would like to compare to my own setup for ATS.

Thanks.

Thomas

Dutch TukTuk

#10 Post by Dutch TukTuk » 23 Nov 2020 16:13

klampo,

Any progress in situation "Thrustmaster" wheel and pedal issue?.

Thanks.

Thomas

Return to “Technical Problems”