game crashing right after disabling mods in mod manager so cant even go to the game afterwards to save/play

ccthetrucker33

game crashing right after disabling mods in mod manager so cant even go to the game afterwards to save/play

#1 Post by ccthetrucker33 » 19 Aug 2020 16:17

im having an issue with ATS that i cant troubleshoot the cause and i cant seem to fix it & ive tried everything to do so for my profile cuz i only have 1 im using right now,so the issue is,ATS was working just fine with current working mods/ATS,so after seeing a player on twitch playing truckersMP and after he told me what to do to set it up,i wanted to try it cuz i never played mp before yet,so i disabled all mods in mod manager,then tried to go to main menue of game then the screen came up to load/delete like it does after turning off mods,then suddenly as it was trying to load to go to ATS main menu the game suddenly crashed but instead of loading to main menu of ATS it goes to the steam main menu,so i dont know how to fix this so i can use my profile,i removed all mods i got from steam workshop and online and nothing helps it keeps crashing so how do i fix this,or am i having to create a whole new profile to play cuz it will take forever to get enough money to buy a truck/trailer for MP unless theirs a working money mod that will help.
jarryed

Re: game crashing right after disabling mods in mod manager so cant even go to the game afterwards to save/play

#2 Post by jarryed » 19 Aug 2020 16:21

Why don't you just create a new profile just for that hack job? You can have more than one profile.

You can use a mod on the Steam Workshop called profile jumpstart. Do the first delivery choose the parking with the most XP. This will get you to level 36 with all skills unlocked and give you $10,000,000. Disable the mod afterwards.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
ccthetrucker33

Re: game crashing right after disabling mods in mod manager so cant even go to the game afterwards to save/play

#3 Post by ccthetrucker33 » 06 Sep 2020 21:19

i did that but after the job was done it didnt do do it like you said but i'll keep trying it
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 06 Sep 2020 23:01

Before disabling mods it's important to sell things those mods have added (custom trucks/trailers and garages in additional states), not doing so can cause issues.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
ccthetrucker33

#5 Post by ccthetrucker33 » 11 Sep 2020 17:23

I did sell them all 1st,then turned them all off in mod manager then thats when it crashed,I had to create a new profile & start all over
PBandJ

#6 Post by PBandJ » 11 Sep 2020 23:23

Did you try verifying your game files in Steam? That will at least tell you the main game files are clean and correct. I would start there first.

Return to “Technical Problems”