Game minimizing to desktop randomly

Powerforward88

Game minimizing to desktop randomly

#1 Post by Powerforward88 » 07 Sep 2020 15:45

Only with ATS, other Steam games work properly. Tried a few things: Windows and graphics driver up to date, all notifications turned off, game log shows nothing unusual. Clean profile with no mods still minimizes.

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks.
The Old Fart

Re: Game minimizing to desktop randomly

#2 Post by The Old Fart » 07 Sep 2020 15:58

@Powerforward88, If you've not tried this, verify the integrity of your game files on Steam. This will recover any missing or corrupted files. Right click on ATS in the Steam game library on the left, select "properties' and in the box that opens up click on the local files tab. Now select verify integrity of game files and let it do it's thing. Once done close and open the game again (If if found errors and fixed them). If not, try the tip below.

If that does not fix your game try opening your config.cfg file - located in the same directory as your game's mod folder - and scroll to the bottom. Find the entries uset cf_asus_aura "1"
and uset cf_razer_chroma "1". Change the values from 1 to 0 for both and save the file. This may resolve your issue.

If either of these two tips don't fix your issue then please post links to your complete game.log.txt and crash.log.txt files using a service like Pastebin (free and no registration required). Once you've posted these two files we can have a further look and try to figure out what's going on in your game.
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!
Some newbie driver

#3 Post by Some newbie driver » 07 Sep 2020 16:25

When you say "minimize", do you mean the game keeps running while you see the Windows desktop and then you can press the game tab on the taskbar to return to it?
Powerforward88

#4 Post by Powerforward88 » 07 Sep 2020 19:49

@The Old Fart - thanks, will try your suggestions.

@Some newbie driver - yep, exactly. By the time I return to the game, my truck is usually off the road.
Some newbie driver

#5 Post by Some newbie driver » 07 Sep 2020 19:58

I don't think any game error will cause that. Minimize to tray it's an Windows feature that it's triggered at OS level, the game has no control over it.

If I had to guess, either you are pressing sometimes the Windows button in the keyboard by mistake (windows+D if the shortcut to minimize all programs) or your keyboard has a faulty windows key switch that cause ghost keystrokes on it.

Try disabling temporarily the Windows key functionality on Windows using one of those tutorials
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/733 ... -10-a.html
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/ho ... -keyboard/

If the problem is gone with those keys disabled, then you would have found the culprit.

Regards
Powerforward88

#6 Post by Powerforward88 » 08 Sep 2020 23:08

Figured it out, new mouse was causing the problem. Switched to another brand, and the problem stopped. Thanks to all who helped.

Return to “Technical Problems”