Pedal issues

DieselJC

Pedal issues

#1 Post by DieselJC » 19 Oct 2020 01:53

So I'm having some strange pedal issues. I am using logitech pedals directly to USB via the leo bodnar/Ricmotech adapter..everything was fine then the next day I went in to to play the game and now the throttle just sees it full throttle or 0 throttle..nothing in between. It shows full range in the calibration software but not in the game so I its not a pedal issue because it shows its working in the calibration software. clutch and brake are fine just the throttle is screwed. Anyone else have any issues similar?

JC

PBandJ

Re: Pedal issues

#2 Post by PBandJ » 19 Oct 2020 12:44

@DieselJC If you go into your ATS game main menu and click on options, then controls, scroll down to the accelerator axis area. Click on the joy accelerator and push your pedal to make sure it is working there. Also what is your Accelerator axis mode set to? Mine is set to inverted and works for me. Also make sure your brake and clutch are also set there. I do not use any type of adapter, I have the wheel and shifter also and they plug into the wheel and then the wheel USB goes to the computer so not sure any issues with adapter

DieselJC

#3 Post by DieselJC » 19 Oct 2020 20:03

PBandJ wrote:
19 Oct 2020 12:44
@DieselJC If you go into your ATS game main menu and click on options, then controls, scroll down to the accelerator axis area. Click on the joy accelerator and push your pedal to make sure it is working there. Also what is your Accelerator axis mode set to? Mine is set to inverted and works for me. Also make sure your brake and clutch are also set there. I do not use any type of adapter, I have the wheel and shifter also and they plug into the wheel and then the wheel USB goes to the computer so not sure any issues with adapter

I have the DFGT wheel so it didnt come with a clutch so I got a logitech pedal set and an adapter so its USB. It has its own calibration software and it shows the entire range just fine but the game doesn't see it. The Clutch and Brake work fine as does everything else only the throttle has issues. I even switched POTs and still the same issue so its not a hardware in the pedals. I have again uninstalled the game and ALL of the devices and drivers for the 4th time now so this time I am going to only plug in the pedal set..no wheel no shifter no shiftknob and see if it works then. The only other thing is the documents folder where everything is stored has a global_controls.sii file in it that lists all of the devices if I could find a vanilla file that didnt have any devices plugged into it I could try plugging things in one by one and setting them again from scratch but I wouldn't even know where to find a vanilla file. I dont have ETS installed so I can't borrow that one.

PBandJ

#4 Post by PBandJ » 20 Oct 2020 01:38

Did you do any of what I suggested and look at those settings in the game? It's fine you don't have a clutch, but if your settings some how changed in the areas I said to check, then your pedal will NOT work in the game correctly. Check the settings in the controls section to see if they are correct.

DieselJC

#5 Post by DieselJC » 20 Oct 2020 02:34

PBandJ wrote:
20 Oct 2020 01:38
Did you do any of what I suggested and look at those settings in the game? It's fine you don't have a clutch, but if your settings some how changed in the areas I said to check, then your pedal will NOT work in the game correctly. Check the settings in the controls section to see if they are correct.

I did do what you said and it doesn't make any difference...the game sees the throttle as on or off nothing in between the calibration software shows the throttle through the full range the game doesn't. I tried inverted and normal both inverted just reverses the issue but its still there. The clutch and brake work fine as does the steering and shifter etc, etc the throttle is the only issue. I didn't change anything between the night it worked fine to the next night I started the game up to finish a delivery. It didn't update or anything either that I could see anyway. So none of the settings changed...I had them all set to "normal" Throttle brake and Clutch then the next day the throttle wouldn't work correctly. I tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times ,this time I deleted the folder in "documents" to hopefully create a new global_controls.sii so maybe if that doesn't have anything on it when I re-map all the devices it will read them correctly. Someone also mentioned I should re-arrange the devices in the game which I didn't think was even possible so this time when I re-download the game and start hooking things up I am going to do the pedals first before I even plug anything else in so in theory it should give the pedals priority..maybe that's totally wrong but that's all I could think of...Thanks very much for the reply much appreciated.

JC

Deranged_Maester

#6 Post by Deranged_Maester » 20 Oct 2020 21:52

You might try running DI View to see if there is a conflict between the Bodner driver and windows HID driver. If your pedals are doing the same thing in DI View then it's some sort of driver issue, if it's calibration is the same as the Bodner calibration then I would say it's a setup issue in the game itself.

Like you said you can also move your controllers around in priority and see if that helps too.

DieselJC

#7 Post by DieselJC » 21 Oct 2020 01:21

Deranged_Maester wrote:
20 Oct 2020 21:52
You might try running DI View to see if there is a conflict between the Bodner driver and windows HID driver. If your pedals are doing the same thing in DI View then it's some sort of driver issue, if it's calibration is the same as the Bodner calibration then I would say it's a setup issue in the game itself.

Like you said you can also move your controllers around in priority and see if that helps too.

Thanks for the reply I'll check out DI View (not sure what that is so I'll google and youtube it.
Can I just drag the devices to move them in the game? Haven't done that before so maybe thats an issue too. I'll post back in a few days when I'm back home to let people know what worked or didnt. I do appreciate the reply..Thanks

JC

Deranged_Maester

#8 Post by Deranged_Maester » 21 Oct 2020 04:42

yeah, you just drop the drop box and choose what you want. I think it's more a "use this device" verses "this device takes priority" type of thing, but maybe your pedals aren't listed second? dunno, I'm kinda shooting in the dark here :D

DieselJC

#9 Post by DieselJC » 22 Oct 2020 23:11

Just an update..giving up on ATS game just won't see the pedals and using a keyboard for me is just not an option.
Just wanted to say thanks for the replies and help trying to solve this issue but it just isn't solvable I've uninstalled and re-installed moved shit around nothing works the game is bugged somehow and it just wont see the pedals anymore. Anyway take care and thank you again for the help and replies.

JC

Return to “Technical Problems”