Headlights issue in 1.40

DawkinsGaming

Re: Headlights issue in 1.40

#11 Post by DawkinsGaming » 30 Mar 2021 17:43

I finally found 5 seconds of spare time in my life to jump back into ATS. Is anyone else having issues with truck lighting? My dashboard back lights are very dim (even with brightness turned all the way up). And my headlights are barely doing anything at all. Even with my brights on, I can hardly see a thing.
HammerlaneHippie

#12 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 01 Apr 2021 12:43

Hitman wrote: 30 Mar 2021 14:16 Hello everyone!
SCS Software has made a great job with new lighting system, but!!!, the player trucks' headlihts are quite awful and pale now in 1.40.
The trucks became just blind at night, especially on highway without street lighting. When you drive in such conditions it feels rather uncomfortable. High beam is now useless.
Does anybody know if there is a method to increase the headlight brightness and "intensity", and also the distance of the low beam (maybe via config file or something like this)?
I have the same or a very similar problem. My headlights are so bright that they wash out almost all of the colors in front of me. I cannot even see the lines on the pavement so driving at night difficult and dangerous. I even tried driving with the Chase cam but it did not help.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
SiSL
SCS Software

#13 Post by SiSL » 01 Apr 2021 12:45

Any mod including your own truck mods can effect your truck headlights or any lights. Do not be naive to think "But it is not headlights mod" or "But it should not effect"

please create a modless new profile and check them out yourselves. And do not use unupdated mods.
Last edited by SiSL on 01 Apr 2021 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
plykkegaard

#14 Post by plykkegaard » 01 Apr 2021 12:50

Yes use a (new) vanilla profile as a reference

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Crazysonoran

#15 Post by Crazysonoran » 21 May 2021 21:18

Been away for a bit, looked at 5 trucks they all have the same light pattern in vanilla. This pattern is fine for 'down the road' but if you try to turn into a dark road/alley/driveway it is totally inadequate/unrealistic. When I looked at some real vehicles back when I first posted the light from every one extends behind the front bumper a bit (this effect is more pronounced with headlights that are angled more on modern aerodynamic vehicles), enough that you can see to pull into dark alleys/driveways/etc. The current pattern in the game is all in front of the truck and does not extend far enough to the sides, esp the left.

Return to “Technical Problems”