How to read game.log and game.crash?

Atsmith

How to read game.log and game.crash?

#1 Post by Atsmith » 26 Mar 2021 13:43

so I'm on 1.40 and my game crashes after a couple of minutes of gameplay. how can I use the game.log and game.crash to see if one of my mods caused this and if so which one?

the game.crash is https://pastebin.com/hE2NnWpc and the game.log is https://pastebin.com/qPwVXkEX

thanks in advance!

UPDATE: the game crashes at the same point every time: the diverging diamond exit after the weigh station heading north in slc/ogden area
Digital X

Re: How to read game.log and game.crash?

#2 Post by Digital X » 26 Mar 2021 14:43

game.crash is for (as far as I remember) solely for Developers. The game.log is readable, and understandable by everyone, it just takes a little bit of time to understand what the errors actually relate to but most are pretty self explanatory.

I see you have a fair few unmounted map mods, do you have any active? and in what order? Please remember that those maps for 1.39 may need updating to 1.40 for better compatibility. Some may work fine however.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: How to read game.log and game.crash?

#3 Post by Madkine » 26 Mar 2021 23:14

The crash log shows the game crashed (as opposed to say your graphics driver):

Fault address: 00007FF644BB99AD 0001:005E89AD C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator\bin\win_x64\amtrucks.exe

Past this you basically need to be a developer to understand what happened.

The game log shows a silent crash, making it much harder to determine what happened. Unless you've cut the log off, it didn't get as far as driving as it hasn't recorded your profile being loaded.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Technical Problems”