Help needed! v1.40 looks AWFUL now, and I can't fix it!

comawhite12

Re: Help needed! v1.40 looks AWFUL now, and I can't fix it!

#11 Post by comawhite12 » 08 Apr 2021 05:11

Quote removed - Don't quote the post above - Rule 2.12

I'll make sure to do all of the above towards the weekend. Working night shift this week, so playing's hit and miss. I did start a brand new profile this evening, and the shading nuts is still full force. Pop in of guardrails, light posts in town, and signs were still present, as well as all details on AI vehicles not actually rendering until it was 30' down the road or so.

I grabbed some clips, and will do a log file as well.

Posts merged - Don't double post - Rule 2.5
ealpunal wrote: 07 Apr 2021 05:41 First vid: You are using Graphics/Weather mods, if you wanna compare 1.39 and 1.40 post a video without graphic mods.
2nd vid: There is nothing wrong with graphics,
3th vid: don't know what looked wrong to you, if you mean Fxaa its not about 1.40. it has always been a problem, not new.
4th video: It's called ''eye adaptation'', its not a bug, just google it.

simply, there is no technical problem here.
I do appreciate your take on it, but I'm gonna have to disagree. That may be "normal" on your machine, but I assure you it's not on mine.
1.39 with or without a weather mod worked flawless, and the only items popping in to frame were mountains miles away. When billboards and hwy signs do it, yet the buildings and AI are rendering past that, I'd say that's not normal.
comawhite12

#12 Post by comawhite12 » 11 Apr 2021 05:17

plykkegaard wrote: 07 Apr 2021 07:19 Quote removed - Don't pyramid quote - Rule 2.12
Cool :D
I feel with you

Please, if you could prepare a screenshot of your graphic settings or document your settings in another way
Also compare with a strict vanilla profile in 1.40
Use the F11 / save location to get to the same location / camera angle in different conffiguration eg another profile or from another game version
Hey again. Been out so hadn't had the time to run any tests till this evening. I have the game log for 1.40 ready to post, but I'm not sure if I should just copy/pasta it in the forum, as it's a lot of data. I'd hate to do something not allowed, so is there any preferred way to post it up?

Thanks
plykkegaard

#13 Post by plykkegaard » 11 Apr 2021 05:55

You can use paste bin

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
comawhite12

#14 Post by comawhite12 » 12 Apr 2021 00:05

plykkegaard wrote: 11 Apr 2021 05:55 You can use paste bin
Thanks. Never used it before, so here goes.
This is the log from a virgin profile on 1.40. https://pastebin.com/FBk5tGWw
I haven't been able to get one from 1.39, but hopefully you might see something that is causing the strangeness.
I ran through Million Dollar Hwy last night, and the cliff walls would have spots of the wall that wouldn't fully render until I was right on them, and then they would just "pop" in complete, one after the other at hwy speed. It looked similar to the grass shading effect doing the same in the earlier video I posted.

Thanks for any help.

Return to “Technical Problems”