Disappeared Parking Markers at Delivery Destinations, Markers at Companies/Truck Dealers/Road Barriers etc.

beekx0r

Disappeared Parking Markers at Delivery Destinations, Markers at Companies/Truck Dealers/Road Barriers etc.

#1 Post by beekx0r » 15 Apr 2021 16:51

Hi all these things have magically disappeared from the game world. I don't know if there's a way to reenable it (haven't seen it in options) or it's a bug or what not, but all I see is the actual gameworld like real life.

Now despite all the markers that have disappeared, the prompt when at the actual location of the marker pops up, like delivery options at a company, but the marker is invisible in the game world. Same thing with parking when about to complete a delivery, it's extremely difficult to find the precise location because the parking marker is invisible. Other things like the transparent road barriers for impassable roads, markers to repair/modify at truck dealers, or shop entry are missing as well.

No mods are installed. I was doing a cargo market mission for Deepgrove (in the forest) Grangeville to HMS in Grangeville. I was able to see the precise parking marker for loading of the cargo, but the marker was missing by the time I got to HMS in Grangeville, but I was able to park the trailer and tractor successfully due to the flag on the minimap, though, was more difficult than it should be. Anyway, from that moment it started happening all over the game world. Never saw the parking marker or other markers again on other deliveries. I've tried another profile and everything seems normal. I've used previous autosaves on the profile that has the problem, but even on that Grangeville mission on the previous save the problem is there before even loading the cargo at Deepgrove.

Using version 1.40 with no mods. Is there some way, option or hotkey to renable these markers or is it a bug?
Attachments
No marker at Sell Goods
No marker at Sell Goods
No precise parking marker
No precise parking marker
No markers at truck dealer
No markers at truck dealer
No road barrier marker
No road barrier marker
Harven
Global moderator

Re: Disappeared Parking Markers at Delivery Destinations, Markers at Companies/Truck Dealers/Road Barriers etc.

#2 Post by Harven » 15 Apr 2021 20:36

Hey,
make sure you have g_show_game_elements set to 1.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Disappeared Parking Markers at Delivery Destinations, Markers at Companies/Truck Dealers/Road Barriers etc.

#3 Post by Madkine » 15 Apr 2021 21:42

Note that this in the profile config.cfg file and not the global one.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Max
SCS Software

#4 Post by Max » 16 Apr 2021 21:13

this is not first time is read about such magic disappearance ...

is it possible that you played with that "g_show_game_elements" cvar? or indirectly, like by interaction with something that works with it - eg viewpoints, cutscene or photomode. all these use it to disable all markers temporarily. so there might be some issue like they may not return the value back properly in some situation eventually.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
beekx0r

#5 Post by beekx0r » 17 Apr 2021 02:21

g_show_game_elements is set to 1 in the config.cfg file. Never went into that file to see that until the replies in this thread. I've even set it to 0 and set it back to 1, but nothing. I use photomode in the game from time to time, but I'm not sure if that's what caused it. That profile seems to be busted at this point because of the disappearance of in-game markers. Any other possible fixes?
Renshaw

#6 Post by Renshaw » 17 Apr 2021 03:25

I helped a guy during the SCS stream a few days ago, that had the same issue - that variable had been set to 0. He wasn't sure how it happened either, if I'm remembering correctly.
beekx0r

#7 Post by beekx0r » 17 Apr 2021 13:02

Ok, it looks like g_show_game_elements was indeed set to 0. Don't know how that happened. I didn't know where the right config.cfg file where it was set to 0 instead of 1 was located, but this thread gave me a hint as to where to find it. viewtopic.php?t=267587.

Looks like it's fixed now. Thanks guys.
DDSniper

#8 Post by DDSniper » 07 Jul 2021 16:28

Mine says uset g_show_game_elements "1" and the markers are still all gone Im getting tired of having issues with the game it worked fine yesterday morning and Now nothing.
PBandJ

#9 Post by PBandJ » 07 Jul 2021 17:28

Did you recently add a mod or change mods? I have had mod conflicts that have caused the game elements not to show in game correctly?
plykkegaard

#10 Post by plykkegaard » 07 Jul 2021 17:34

DDSniper wrote: 07 Jul 2021 16:28 Im getting tired of having issues with the game
I assume you are using the 1.41 beta?

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “Technical Problems”