[ATTENTION]: Main profile not listed after newest update

egulley316

[ATTENTION]: Main profile not listed after newest update

#1 Post by egulley316 » 01 Jun 2021 17:38

My main profile is not listed after the newest update.

I let it update and played it on my main profile but after quitting the game and going back into the game, my main profile is not listed.

I reinstalled the game and attempted to create a new profile using my main's name but it says the profile is there but it's not listing.

Please help.

EDIT: After going back into the game, 3 more profiles disappeared off the list including a brand new one. What the heck is going on here? I have reinstalled steam and ATS but to no avail.
Archaic

Re: [ATTENTION]: Main profile not listed after newest update

#2 Post by Archaic » 08 Jun 2021 20:15

I have the same problem all my profiles are gone and had to start a new one. My oldest profile had 1800 hours on it and was at level 103
SuperLinerN14

#3 Post by SuperLinerN14 » 09 Jun 2021 23:14

I just had this same issue randomly today too. Last night I was playing and I saw a pop-up saying something about my local files weren't matching STEAM (this was after STEAM did an update); I forget which option I chose but I was able to keep playing the game. This morning I played more but then out of the blue when I was changing mods I got the "create profile" message that I can't move past. I've always used the STEAM Cloud which should be saving my info (it's still selected in my settings). When I go into the "Profile" folder on my PC (near where I place my mods) it's completely empty. Below that are various STEAM profiles that have info in them; I've tried manually copying the newest version from there over to the "Profile" folder but that accomplished nothing. I've also logged out of Steam a few times and made sure I have the latest update. Hopefully someone can help since I have about 30+ trucks built that I don't want to lose. On a side note I haven't done anything recently that I can think of to cause this, I've just been playing the game like I always have. Thanks
Quiksilver

#4 Post by Quiksilver » 10 Jun 2021 08:56

I had this problem yesterday, my profile completely gone.

I played ATS in the morning, then played a couple of other games. In the afternoon ATS profile, despite attempting several fixes (e.g. checking file integrity, etc.), was gone. All my other games, including ETS2, were OK. I don't use cloud saves. I had a backup on external drive from a week ago fortunately...I lost a few days play but at least I was up and running again.

I would note that there are now several threads on ATS and ETS2 with a lot of people having the same experience.
SuperLinerN14

#5 Post by SuperLinerN14 » 10 Jun 2021 09:34

Quicksilver, how did you access your backup? I can see what appear to be different STEAM profiles in folders below my main "Profile Folder" that have different names like "Steam Profile 1.39 through 1.40.2" , when I open those folders I get another folder with a huge name looking like a car VIN #......I tried pasting that into my main Profile Folder but it still took me to the "Create New Profile" window as soon as I started the game but maybe I'm not doing something correct.
Quiksilver

#6 Post by Quiksilver » 10 Jun 2021 10:13

@SuperLinerN14, I was not referring to the steam profiles .bak folders. Rather, I normally backup my Libraries (e.g. Documents, Music, Pictures) and the Program File (x86)\Steam\userdata to an external hard drive every night, in addition to a system backup once a week. Unfortunately in this case I had been away and had kept the drive in a fire proof box and had forgotton to reconnect it. Hence I lost a few days play when I recovered the necessary files from the back up.
Averip

#7 Post by Averip » 11 Jun 2021 00:12

The same just happened to me.
Tom
SCS Software

#8 Post by Tom » 12 Jun 2021 00:45

If you experience any problems with missing or corrupted profiles please follow this link.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/227300/d ... 147244739/
SuperLinerN14

#9 Post by SuperLinerN14 » 12 Jun 2021 15:15

Tom you Rock!!!! Thanks that did the trick
Luca_Dingens

#10 Post by Luca_Dingens » 13 Jun 2021 14:50

I don't know anything about technical things so can I just wait for an update that fixes this problem and I get my profile back?

Return to “Technical Problems”