Really Bad Frames After Leaving 1.41 Beta and Going Back

That1GuyITC

Really Bad Frames After Leaving 1.41 Beta and Going Back

#1 Post by That1GuyITC » 02 Jun 2021 06:12

Story:
I was experiencing a lot of studdering but consistent 60 FPS. I entered the 1.41 beta and off V-Sync and turned everything up to the highest settings possible and had a consistent 80 FPS with no studdering. Well, I wanted to go truck on TruckersMP so I downgraded to 1.40. Everything was fine until I went back to 1.41 and now I have 30 FPS I have tried lowering the settings, reverting back to 1.40 (and when I did, I still had bad frames), uninstalled, and reinstalled but nothing works.

PC Specs:
Motherboard: ASRock Pro4S/ac
CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K
GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB XLR8 Gaming Overclocked Edition
PSU: EVGA 600 GD
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 8GB (x4)
Storage:
-Western Digital Green 240GB SSD
-Western Digital Blue 1 TB HDD
-Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD

Mods:
None

Any help is appreciated as I would not like to disassemble my wheel for a long time again!
GinXeng

Re: Really Bad Frames After Leaving 1.41 Beta and Going Back

#2 Post by GinXeng » 02 Jun 2021 07:48

Is it a solid 30FPS? If it is, sometimes v-sync turns itself on even if it says disabled in the game menu. Try enabling it and apply then disable and apply and see what happens.
That1GuyITC

#3 Post by That1GuyITC » 02 Jun 2021 18:42

GinXeng wrote: 02 Jun 2021 07:48 Is it a solid 30FPS? If it is, sometimes v-sync turns itself on even if it says disabled in the game menu. Try enabling it and apply then disable and apply and see what happens.
It fluctuates between 25-41 FPS but it's typically attracted to 30. I just tried that and didn't work.
That1GuyITC

#4 Post by That1GuyITC » 02 Jun 2021 19:06

I sat on the highway and every time the error spiked, that's when I would get the studders.
Attachments
20210602120324_1.jpg
room217au

#5 Post by room217au » 02 Jun 2021 19:14

When you say 'uninstalled and reinstalled', did you also backup the American Truck Simulator folder in Documents and then remove the original?
On reinstall after uninstalling either ATS or ETS2, it will look for the ETS2 or ATS Documents folder, if it does not exist, or is empty, it makes a new one populated with current version files.
If it does find an existing Documents folder intact, it ignores it and carries on with game files which reside in a different location entirely.
I apologise if you already know this. But could it be possible that some leftover files in the Docs folder be causing the issue?
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
That1GuyITC

#6 Post by That1GuyITC » 02 Jun 2021 19:20

room217au wrote: 02 Jun 2021 19:14 When you say 'uninstalled and reinstalled', did you also backup the American Truck Simulator folder in Documents and then remove the original?
On reinstall after uninstalling either ATS or ETS2, it will look for the ETS2 or ATS Documents folder, if it does not exist, or is empty, it makes a new one populated with current version files.
If it does find an existing Documents folder intact, it ignores it and carries on with game files which reside in a different location entirely.
I apologise if you already know this. But could it be possible that some leftover files in the Docs folder be causing the issue?
I actually didn't know that, so are you suggesting I take the "American Truck Simulator" folder out of my Documents folder when I uninstall, and then reinstall it?
That1GuyITC

#7 Post by That1GuyITC » 02 Jun 2021 19:49

That1GuyITC wrote: 02 Jun 2021 19:20
room217au wrote: 02 Jun 2021 19:14 When you say 'uninstalled and reinstalled', did you also backup the American Truck Simulator folder in Documents and then remove the original?
I actually didn't know that, so are you suggesting I take the "American Truck Simulator" folder out of my Documents folder when I uninstall, and then reinstall it?
Yeah just tried that and now I get 60 FPS and still studdering
room217au

#8 Post by room217au » 02 Jun 2021 19:59

No I mean the game will make a new one with default files. Sure you gotta set up everything, but this is for testing purposes. That's why we make a backup.
Try the vanilla game, see how you go. If it solves the problem, then it's something in your docs folder. A mod for example.
If it doesn't solve the problem, you can always delete the ATS docs folder, then roll back to whatever version you were on before and then copy back your original ATS docs folder relevant to the version you just reinstalled. Yes?
You will appear in the game at exactly the point you were before you tried the beta.
I do this every major update since day #1

Incidentally, I tried 1.41 e-beta about 2 hours ago. With an empty mod folder, the game runs great. ANY mods at all in the mod folder, the game CTDs. Shrug. I'll wait.
That1GuyITC

#9 Post by That1GuyITC » 03 Jun 2021 10:07

room217au wrote: 02 Jun 2021 19:59 No I mean the game will make a new one with default files. Sure you gotta set up everything, but this is for testing purposes. That's why we make a backup.
Try the vanilla game, see how you go. If it solves the problem, then it's something in your docs folder. A mod for example.
If it doesn't solve the problem, you can always delete the ATS docs folder, then roll back to whatever version you were on before and then copy back your original ATS docs folder relevant to the version you just reinstalled. Yes?
You will appear in the game at exactly the point you were before you tried the beta.
I do this every major update since day #1

Incidentally, I tried 1.41 e-beta about 2 hours ago. With an empty mod folder, the game runs great. ANY mods at all in the mod folder, the game CTDs. Shrug. I'll wait.
Yeah, I cut and pasted the entire ATS folder in my Documents and uninstalled and reinstalled, and still the same issue... It is also worth noting that ETS2 is the same way. It is just weird that I have played the game with ultra everything and had a great experience and now I can't get good FPS on medium settings
room217au

#10 Post by room217au » 03 Jun 2021 23:19

@That1GuyITC Have you tried looking around YT and watching tutorials on your GPU software? I did that a few weeks ago and it does make a considerable difference.
Is your GPU overclocked? It's been suggested that SCS games struggle with that.

Return to “Technical Problems”