Official Multiplayer causing internet to completely drop out

Sir Lags A Lot

Official Multiplayer causing internet to completely drop out

#1 Post by Sir Lags A Lot » 13 Jun 2021 19:40

So I started playing the 1.41 beta with a friend last night and when I would be in the session for 5ish minutes I would notice my internet would completely drop out for about a minute or so on average. I figured it was just T-Mobile having troubles. I use a dedicated third-party hotspot on the T-Mobile towers. Every other multiplayer game works just fine. Anyway, I just dealt with the drops until I got my load done. I got off and my internet never dropped since. Until I got on again to play multiplayer with another friend. It started to drop over and over again when in a convoy session. Before hand, my internet was just fine. For some more info, I would go into the router menu and notice it wouldn't be able to obtain an IPV4 address when the drop happened, obviously resulting in no internet. Although the router/modem had a good connection to the tower. I have no idea what would cause this issue but I know for a fact it is the convoy feature doing it.
GinXeng

Re: Official Multiplayer causing internet to completely drop out

#2 Post by GinXeng » 14 Jun 2021 06:01

This is happen on every server you joined or just your friends host?
DebLipsitz

#3 Post by DebLipsitz » 15 Jun 2021 22:04

This isn't a problem with you using a cellular modem (either itself wireless or wired to your computer)? They are pretty limited and exposed to EM and other interference. :?:
Sir Lags A Lot

#4 Post by Sir Lags A Lot » 16 Jun 2021 06:54

It happened both when I hosted as well as joined.

Return to “Technical Problems”