Help with in game (yes seriously) website popup

Rammstein0963

Help with in game (yes seriously) website popup

#1 Post by Rammstein0963 » 23 Jun 2021 01:51

Hello all, long time player but new to the forum, I have a question hopefully someone can help me with.

I recently downloaded a mod by someone known as Overfloater from ATSMods.com for a Kenworth K-100 Tractor, and while the mod seems to perform great and looks awesome there's one small snag.

After about 3 minutes of in game play a literal ADVERTISEMENT for the website pops up in cab view saying thanks for downloading and to visit again for more, and no matter how long I wait it never seems to go away, so far only saving and reloading seems to work, but even then it comes back a few minutes later.

Anyone know what in the world this is and how I can possibly stop it? getting kind of annoying tbh, thanks.
GinXeng

Re: Help with in game (yes seriously) website popup

#2 Post by GinXeng » 23 Jun 2021 06:38

Remove the mod immediately and run a malware scan on your computer. If you want Overfloaters k100, get it directly from the Steam work shop. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext=
Madkine
Global moderator

#3 Post by Madkine » 23 Jun 2021 07:48

Don't download stolen mods. As per Ginxeng's post get it from the steam workshop of Overfloaters thread on these forums.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Rammstein0963

#4 Post by Rammstein0963 » 24 Jun 2021 03:17

Many thanks, no problems seen so far, didnt know it was stolen tho...will correct immediately, many thanks :)

Return to “Technical Problems”